Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problem with Internet Multiplayer games (possibly related to NAT)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with Internet Multiplayer games (possibly related to NAT)

Hi,

I'm running CTP on linux, and I can't connect to the internet servers, it sits on the waiting for servers dialog forever. I'm patched up to 1.2a and a friend who is doing the same can connect fine (we both have the same servers.dat).

The main difference between our setups is that my machine is connected to the 'net via ADSL and the router is doing NAT, whereas he's not (it is ADSL, but he's not using NAT).

I do have port-forwarding setup to forward UDP ports 21100-21300 to me, and I've checked that that is actually working.

I remember ages ago when I was doing the same with a linux box doing IP masq between me and my dialup connection there was some setting we had to tweak to make it work. But I can't remember what that was.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,
    Margaret

i am havving a problem as well....each time i try to play online it says only waiting for servers...could this have something to do with having a cable modem?

Comment

merc9,
      Do you have the latest version of servers.dat?

pling,
      I have no idea what could be causing your problems but I'm by no means a MP expert. If noone replies to this thread anytime soon, you could try reposting it in the Multiplaying Forum, as the people there have much more experience with this sort of thing but unfortunately don't always read this General forum.
      Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Thanks Locutus - I wasn't originally sure where to post this, as it's a request for help I put it here. I'll post it over there if I don't get anything more today.

Comment

Yeah, normally this is the place to post help requests but most MP players stopped visiting here (on a regular basis) ages ago...
          Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Working...
          X