internet play

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• internet play

a friend and i would like to play ctp over the internet...yet we have trouble...so my question is how exactly do i do this?

I bet your trying ICP eh? Your best bet is to download Patch 1.2 from activision.com, and Play by e-mail.

Comment

Internet play should be possible - certainly get the patch and disable all firewalls. If you can't find servers then get a new copy of servers.dat (do a search on the multiplaying forum for "servers.dat" for details - I don't have a recent copy I can attach right now)

Comment

To get a servers.dat you could visit this place. I know this is the CTP2 section of the 'Polay Dir but so far as I know this servers.dat is created by the civctp.exe, so it can be used with both CTP2 and CTP1. Just overwrite the servers.dat in your ..\ctp_program\ctp\ folder with the one from the downloaded *.zip file.

-Martin
        Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

I find CTP 1 isn't that well equipped when it comes to internet play. Internet Play is CTP 2's only strength over CTP.

Comment

Originally posted by redbull
            I find CTP 1 isn't that well equipped when it comes to internet play. Internet Play is CTP 2's only strength over CTP.
            hmmm You sure you have that correct?

I been playing CTP online MP since came out, and after first periods, which patches rectified, virtually no problems, However, CTP2(which I havent played since I purchased and it had nothing but connection problems)

Maybe its been fixed, the game still sits in its CD Jewel case.

Please, try some MP for CTP one, we been having tons of fun!!

Troll
            Attached Files
            Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Troll, you go caught out by the shiny case too?

Comment

Originally posted by redbull
                Troll, you go caught out by the shiny case too?

Yup..
                Attached Files
                Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Working...
                X