No announcement yet.

Terraforming Issues need clarification!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terraforming Issues need clarification!

Questions on Terraforming?

I have been learning a lot on "Icreasing" city growth mmore quickly by putting slider to right all the way on rations. My problem I am having is this, I have a tile that you can only place a mine on, and then that city loses a lot of food per turn and decreases in size, how can I combat this?

Thanks much

Troll

Also, why cant I place farms on grassland tiles sometimes?.I have plenty of PW's but it wont allow me to. I can on a river and yet some cities It will allow me to?..But similiar tiles near,in another city, wont allow me to?

Thanks

Troll
    Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Re: Terraforming Issues need clarification!

Originally posted by Troll
    I have been learning a lot on "Icreasing" city growth mmore quickly by putting slider to right all the way on rations. My problem I am having is this, I have a tile that you can only place a mine on, and then that city loses a lot of food per turn and decreases in size, how can I combat this?
    I'm not clear on what you're asking exactly. Is it a terrain on which farms can never be built (like mountains) - the only solution to that is to change the rules so mountains can have farms built on, or else terraform the square.

Also, why cant I place farms on grassland tiles sometimes?.I have plenty of PW's but it wont allow me to. I can on a river and yet some cities It will allow me to?..But similiar tiles near,in another city, wont allow me to?
    You need water to farm - this means there must be either a river, beach or farm in an adjacent square (diagonal is OK).

Comment

Re: Re: Terraforming Issues need clarification!

Originally posted by J Bytheway

I'm not clear on what you're asking exactly. Is it a terrain on which farms can never be built (like mountains) - the only solution to that is to change the rules so mountains can have farms built on, or else terraform the square.

You need water to farm - this means there must be either a river, beach or farm in an adjacent square (diagonal is OK).
      Ok Thanks much, perhaps I put this in wrong forum, I been playing a lot of MP games, and was trying to "Create" farms..in anormal, default game. I was not looking to "alter"rulz.

As for first point, you ,I believe, answered with part two. Say I build a city in a forest, say a beaver, a rubie and a diamond are within my city radius. Nice, three goods, cant complain. Now, I want to terraform other tiles of forest to make food tiles, so i terraform to grassland. But now I have grassland, I cannot build a tile improvement for a farm, I was wondering how this could be, but you have answered!

I allways appreciate your input my friend! Keep that knowledge coming!

Troll
      Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Working...
      X