Capitalization

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Capitalization

When I try to use capitalization I do not see much of a change in the gold I accumulate in a turn. I must not have the concept figured out correcty.

I would love to hear other's views on the proper implimentation of this science. How do you actually use it to get more gold, and what are your stratigies for using this gold?

Alan

Re: Capitalization

Originally posted by agagnon
    When I try to use capitalization I do not see much of a change in the gold I accumulate in a turn. I must not have the concept figured out correcty.

I would love to hear other's views on the proper implimentation of this science. How do you actually use it to get more gold, and what are your stratigies for using this gold?

Alan
    It is the same as public works (Infrastructure)...what you would use, say to build a University or bank or whatever, that production is converted into gold..for Capitalization. If you have a small city with little production,then you will see little. BUT, if you have a bigger city with say lots of production producing facilities you will see much more, but then there is of course a slight offset due to Maint. costs associated with those improvements!

Look to the city and look under gold WITH Capitalization turned OFF a turn and then check it with it ON, say one turn Infrastructure and then compare. Also check in main tab to see what is gold output for that turn for overall, than you can get a better comparison!

Troll
    Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

You should get 0.5 gold for each production point when using Capitalization, and it will not be used for science.

Comment

Originally posted by J Bytheway
        You should get 0.5 gold for each production point when using Capitalization, and it will not be used for science.
        Thanks, I didnt know for sure if any gold went to Scienve from Capitalization!

Troll

Comment

It's also worth noting that capitalization is only half as effective as infrastructure. The Capitalization coefficient is 0.5, while the Infrastructure coefficient is 1. That's why infrastructure has a more obvious effect.
          "It is not enough that you defeat your enemy. You must show him that he was wrong to oppose you in the first place." --Gul Dukat

Comment

Originally posted by Aolathiin
            It's also worth noting that capitalization is only half as effective as infrastructure. The Capitalization coefficient is 0.5, while the Infrastructure coefficient is 1. That's why infrastructure has a more obvious effect.
            OhI Totally Agree, because you are on Capitalization only for the time you have it enabled, but infrastructure, why that goes toward PW which can be used to terraform and builds roads and such!!

Oh Yeah!!

Troll

Comment

I shall admit that I turn science down to 0% once I am well ahead in the tech race. I use the gold to rush buy the little things, like temples, that conquered cities need to keep them happy and producing for me.

As my Civ gets huge and I'm still a Theocracy, I excede the total number of cities that it can handle and incur unhappiness penalties.

So I abandon small captured cities selling any improvements and letting them starve. All their production I turn to capitalisation. Large captured cities I keep. Eventually a newly captured city would immediatly riot or revolt if I didn't immediatly rush buy a cathedral, then a hospital the next, a temple,etc. These are paid for by using capitalisation more frequently. I do eventually change government, but usually after making the contraception wonder.

Comment

Working...
              X