Help - can't play music

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help - can't play music

For some reason the music on the CD won't play for me. When I browsed the readme.doc file, it indicated I could play the music on a normal CD player if I wanted to.

Well, that didn't work either. I have the "Essential Collection" version of CTP, in other words a modern re-release of CtP.

Does anyone else have this version, and does the music work for them? I've updated my sound drivers (Avance Logic ALS120), tried to see if the music played on a normal CD plaer (it did not) and screwed around with the game's options to no avail. The game recognises the CD and plays the movies, but there's no friggin' music!

Please help! Extended periods of CtP without some music can get very nerve-wrecking. Is there any advice you can offer? If possible, please indicate *where* the music files are stored. It just may be possible Activision omitted it in the re-release, although such a move would seem very illogical. Thank you.

Essential Collection? What's that? Never heard of it. What's the difference between regular CtP and EC?

Anyway, how many tracks are on the CD according to your audio player? If it's just 1, you're out of luck. If it's more than 1, all tracks except the first one should be playable.
    Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Hmmm....

I've never heard of the Essential Collection either. Is it one of those sets where you get more than one game with it (possibly CtP along with another Activision title?)

I know you said you looked at the game options screen, but did you make sure that the MUSIC ON/OFF button was to the ON positiion? I'm only asking you to make sure because I had a problem with it switching to the OFF setting upon exiting the screen even when I selected ON. I found that I had to select ON, and then QUIT the game. Upon restarting it would keep the setting.

Now that I think of it... It did that until I got the 1.2 patch... it doesn't do that any more. Is your version 1.2? Since it is this EC version I don't know if they released it already up to date or not.

My disc plays perfectly in my regular CD player... Follow what Locutus said and check the number of tracks.

Let us know more about this EC version and if you have gotten things working or not.

Arktiem

Comment

I have the same version and i am having the same problem.

I've tried everything and come to the conclusion there's no music files on the disc! (It won't play in a CD player)

This version of CTP also seems to crash....constantly.

...and yes....it only has 1 track on the disk. Maybe some data i missing?

Comment

Working...
        X