No announcement yet.

What's your favorite civilization?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My favorite nation is Egypt, as i'am found of Ancient Egypt, though my last two games (including the game I'am currently playing) have been played with the French and Vercingetoryx as a leader. I was delighted when I saw the second city buildt by France was my dear old Toulouse. I will have a look at the text files and change the city list for my hometown to be built first.

I also like to play the Assyrians as this empire was contemporary with the Egyptians.
    "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Favorite civilisation of Pave

Greeks. I'm NOT half greek,i'm just interested in greek culture.

Pave
      The Chuck Norris military unit was not used in the game Civilization 4, because a single Chuck Norris could defeat the entire combined nations of the world in one turn.
      - Chuck Norris Facts

Comment

Re: Favorite civilisation of Pave

Originally posted by Pave
        Greeks. I'm NOT half greek,i'm just interested in greek culture.

Pave
        Well, you will do well here!!

As this is a Greekish Culturish as they get!!

Why, Markos practically invented Greek Culture well, at least Apolyon version

Welcome aboard
        Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Nicaraguans!!!!
          -I don't see, however why they add civs like nicaraguans, cubans, etc. and didn't add Argentina- It's not fair
          -El patriotismo no es más que egoísmo en masa.
          -Al que me diga asesino, lo mato.
          -¿El sueño es la realidad, o la realidad es un sueño?

Comment

Originally posted by South killer
            Nicaraguans!!!!
            -I don't see, however why they add civs like nicaraguans, cubans, etc. and didn't add Argentina- It's not fair
            You can allways rename a civ as well as its cities, as I have done and many before me too!

That way, Argentenia will rise like the great Phoenix

Troll
            Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Thanks, as i got the game recently I didn't realise we could rename the civs. I now play with Argentina (replacing nicaraguans) and tibetans (replacing ethiopia).

Now argentina is going to take over the world......
              -El patriotismo no es más que egoísmo en masa.
              -Al que me diga asesino, lo mato.
              -¿El sueño es la realidad, o la realidad es un sueño?

Comment

Starting out I used to play as Welsh (maybe because I am Welsh!) But I soon got bored and now try and play with as many different ones as possible. It also helps me learn the capital cities for the AI

Comment

I play either France (cause i'm french ), but i like Vikings too...sounds cool, and after all they were those who discovered America first.
                  "An eye for eye only ends up making the whole world blind" - Gandhi

Comment

I already said my favorite civilization (the Greeks),but I now remember my second favorite civilization,the Irish. Why,you may ask, because my real name is Patrick and when I play with Irish I'm St.Patrick,ehem.
                    The Chuck Norris military unit was not used in the game Civilization 4, because a single Chuck Norris could defeat the entire combined nations of the world in one turn.
                    - Chuck Norris Facts

Comment

Where do I find a decent city list for the germans again?
                      I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Any nation, where I can use a variant over my name/playername: Maxim, Maximillian, Maximus, Bird etc- and of course the Vikings ruled by the cruel Hagar the Beast.

Reply to Datajack: I do not know if it is a decent list - but in the game you can find it in the folder:

Activision\Civilization-Call to Power\ctp_data\english\gamedata\civ_str.txt. You can edit or add more cities to the list if you want to. Try get a map over Germany.
                        First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win.

Gandhi

Comment

What's your favorite civilization?
                          Yeah, like there would be any major difference!

Comment

Most of the time I play as the US of A and bring peace and prosperity to the world

Comment

Its nice to play out fantasies, maybe ill rule the World with Mexico today too
                              Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
                              CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
                              One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Originally posted by Reinhard-Baer
                                Most of the time I play as the US of A and bring peace and prosperity to the world
                                Is it a science fiction game?

I am joking...
                                "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Working...
                                X