X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by berXpert
    Spanish... because I'm half spanish
    Hola!

My newest Favorite Civ (in this game) are the Mayans, because of my recent Missions Trip to Honduras to build a Church for my Lord!

The Mayans, because of their close proximity to Honduran roots! The Mayans Capitoal is Copan, which is western Honduras area also!

Christo es Numero Uno!

Hola Hermano BerXpert!

Me yamo Hermano Bruce (Troll)

Buenos Tardes!!

Menyana (and thats about the most I can speak, forgive if not the best Espanol, still learning)

Habla en Pokeetdoo Espanol (I am still learning to write Espanol)

Gracias Amigos!
    Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Americans.... Because I'm American dammit!

Comment

In the past couple months, I've done a lot of studying of world history, and I've created 92 civilizations which I rotate in and out (I'm currently working on adding three more: Nez Perce, Ngadjonji and Maori). My current game has the following civilizations:

Anasazi (me)
        Poles
        Berbers
        Etruscans
        Cossacks
        Carthaginians
        Swedes
        Burgundians

(*Wonders what futuristic cliff dwellings would look like*)
        "It is not enough that you defeat your enemy. You must show him that he was wrong to oppose you in the first place." --Gul Dukat

Comment

Originally posted by Troll
          The Mayans, because of their close proximity to Honduran roots! The Mayans Capitoal is Copan, which is western Honduras area also!
          Just a historical note: the Mayans never had one city that could be called "their capital". They were never united politically, and often different Mayan city-states would go to war with each other. Copan was certainly a prominent city, but there were other cities of equal importance or greater importance such as Chichen Itza and Tikal. I guess you could say they were the "Greeks" of Meso-America.
          "It is not enough that you defeat your enemy. You must show him that he was wrong to oppose you in the first place." --Gul Dukat

Comment

Originally posted by Aolathiin

Just a historical note: the Mayans never had one city that could be called "their capital". They were never united politically, and often different Mayan city-states would go to war with each other. Copan was certainly a prominent city, but there were other cities of equal importance or greater importance such as Chichen Itza and Tikal. I guess you could say they were the "Greeks" of Meso-America.
            Why thanks very much!
            To quote the Great Johnny Carson, "I did not know that!"
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Aolathiin
              In the past couple months, I've done a lot of studying of world history, and I've created 92 civilizations which I rotate in and out (I'm currently working on adding three more: Nez Perce, Ngadjonji and Maori)
              Oow I've been working on a similar project for a long time, but I'm not nearly as far as you are. Mainly because I'm *very* strict when it comes to city names, I'm doing extensive reseach into almost every single name. Could you by any chance send me your lists of city names? I would absolutely to see them and use them for my own lists. I doubt I would copy any lists literally but it's much easier to edit existing lists than to create new ones from scratch... (Naturally I will credit you if I ever get around to releasing my own lists).
              Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Locutus

Oow I've been working on a similar project for a long time, but I'm not nearly as far as you are. Mainly because I'm *very* strict when it comes to city names, I'm doing extensive reseach into almost every single name. Could you by any chance send me your lists of city names? I would absolutely to see them and use them for my own lists. I doubt I would copy any lists literally but it's much easier to edit existing lists than to create new ones from scratch... (Naturally I will credit you if I ever get around to releasing my own lists).
                I am not where you ae in scenario making, however, when I edited the civ city list, WOW! thats a tedious time consuming mindwrenching task!
                Its easy to say, "Oh, Ill go name a hundred cities" quite another to go do it and yet quite another to do it for all them civs!

I am impressed!

Go get 'em folks!

Glad to see some people still gutting it out with these files!

Troll
                Attached Files

Comment

Nah, making city lists isn't all that hard. A quick Google search will give you 100 names for almost any civ in no time. Making really good city lists on the other hand...
                  Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

With some, it's easy to find city names, particularly if the civilization is a modern nation. In some cases it can be tough, particularly in the cases of aboriginal peoples (some native American, African and Australians tribes) and civilizations that are only known through archeological evidence (Anasazi, Hopewells, Harappans). It can also be hard to find a female leader name at times. Even with modern civlizations, some of them haven't advanced enough socially to have had a woman at in their highest office, such as the United States.

Comment

Who cares, it's just a color code!

--Kon--
                      Get your science News at Konquest Online!

Comment

Without knowing too much about it, I think the Spanish city names in particular are poop.

My favourite is the Polish, cause im half Polish No my favourite is the Mexicans actually
                        Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
                        CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
                        One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Romans. They never should have fallen.

I'm American but I rarely play as them.
                          Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

French because Im interested in Charlemagne.
                            "Perhaps a new spirit is rising among us. If it is, let us trace its movements and pray that our own inner being may be sensitive to its guidance, for we are deeply in need of a new way beyond the darkness that seems so close around us." --MLK Jr.

Comment

I normally play Maori (did it myself )

Comment

Hi folks,

Just a quick hello to say truly fantastic game and glad to be a part of the group.....need i have said that!! lol

Well my fav is hebrews because weve survived over 5500 yrs of almost continual attempted assault, domination, destruction by many of so called greats i.e romans,greeks,germans,etc BUT and were still around.... and will be around for some time to come

oh and btw the germans may well have been refined, educated and powerful once upon a time....but i for one dont agree on their methods....

Ah well thats all in the past....forward we strive...hopefully for the better of mankind!

Merry christmas folks (tho i dont celebrate it!)

Comment

Working...
                                X