Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holy Lawyer.

Ever see a lawyer walking on water?

I did last night. There he was, a legal representative of a competing country, standing there in front of my destroyer in the middle of the ocean!

Has anything like this happened to anyone else?

And what is up with that knight that can take down a jet fighter?

Just wondering.

Alan

I've seen a lawyer walk on water after a natural disaster (flood) hit my civ once upon a time. Apparently, some swampy tiles turned to water tiles but still kept some of their former attributes.
    "I'm an engineer. I make slides that people can't read. Sometimes I eat donuts." - Alice

Comment

HEHE I had a musket stuck on the water once when I was playing Paul
      The C:CTP MASTER.....

Comment

In my last game I saw a machine gunner standing in shallow water, having just destroyed part of my undersea tunnel on that tile. I also saw diamonds in deep water.
        "It is not enough that you defeat your enemy. You must show him that he was wrong to oppose you in the first place." --Gul Dukat

Comment

Originally posted by Aolathiin
          I also saw diamonds in deep water.
          That's because there's a volcano on that square. Volcanos have diamonds for goods instead of squid/whales. It's not often you get a volcano with a good, though.

Comment

Re: Holy Lawyer.

Originally posted by agagnon
            Ever see a lawyer walking on water?

I did last night. There he was, a legal representative of a competing country, standing there in front of my destroyer in the middle of the ocean!

Has anything like this happened to anyone else?

And what is up with that knight that can take down a jet fighter?

Just wondering.

Alan
            Well, one of two logical explanations

Ok..First explanation-the Lawyer beat a case involving the Internal Revenue Services of USA..

OR..maybe its a glitch, I been playing this game about as long as anyone, seen where an object "appears" to be on a tile, it actually shows it there, but it is "actually" on another tile....perhaps this is what happened??

Troll
            Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

speaking of lawyers i dont see how they r damaging exept to the owner of the lawyer when u file an injunction it only lasts one turn and its not like that will hurt u unless u are buildin a wonder in that city.if one is on my land i let it stay there and waste money
              i know you are reading this

Comment

Its a glitch. In some games it suddenly happens, that units not actually are where they seems to be.

In the great US-game, we (Maestro, Swissy, NukeBoy and I) fought lots of "steath" babarians. That was something of a challenge. They came as Don's nation (the biggest at that time) collapsed - his nation was suddently bancrupt.

Here is a little from where we first found out, that the babarians was "playing" with us:

First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win.

Gandhi

Comment

Originally posted by jessee
                  speaking of lawyers i dont see how they r damaging exept to the owner of the lawyer when u file an injunction it only lasts one turn and its not like that will hurt u unless u are buildin a wonder in that city.if one is on my land i let it stay there and waste money
                  But lawyer swatting is such fun! Especially if you're at war with the civ that lawyer belongs to--then you don't have to bother with spending the money to sue him. Mr. Lawyer, meet Mr Tank.

Really, it's not like injunction filing is a big deal. I mean, by the time they have lawyers I have lots of cities churning out heavy duty military units. If they actually churn out an army of lawyers that can do real damage, they haven't been spending much time building a millitary that can stand up to the one I already have.
                  "It is not enough that you defeat your enemy. You must show him that he was wrong to oppose you in the first place." --Gul Dukat

Comment

There is one very effective offensive use of lawyers, though. When you send your corporations into another civilization, send a small army (4-6) lawyers in with them. Sit them by the largest cities you've franchised. When that civilization tries to use it's own lawyer to sue the franchise, you can sue their lawyer before he does much damage. Don't let that civilization's laws get in the way of your legitimate business interests.

Comment

I use my lawyers to scout ahead of my corporate branch in search of enemy lawyers, and then to defend the franchise. Of course I have found that a stay at home lawyer will help to prevent my cities being franchised by the enemy.

I haven't had a holy lawyer yet but I have had ghost musketeers.

Comment

Working...
                      X