Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corporate branch eternal question...

Hi, mighty conqueror of the world,
    I'm a veteran of the civilisation series and CTP1, but there is still an answered question that annoy me about the corporate branch in CTP. I hope very much that someone knows the answer as I can't find it anywhere.

Where does the stealed production by the corp. branch goes??? I know it is very powerful, but I don't find any trace of the newcomming production. Does any city takes benefit of it? Or is it all converted in PW? The only thing in the game that tells me that I actually steal production is in the diplomatic menu under Intelligence->Special.

If you have an exact answer, it would be very nice to you to answer and if you have a clue, it wouldn't be bad at all.

Thanks a lot!

I only have a clue - I guessed it was spread amongst the cities in the same way bonuses from workday, etc. are. But I've no real evidence...

Comment

The way a look it, the main purpose of establishing franchises is to drain your opponent's production.

Enemy production is added to or deducted from your overall production. Look at your production info screen to see what I mean.
      "I'm an engineer. I make slides that people can't read. Sometimes I eat donuts." - Alice

Comment

Originally posted by jpww
        The way a look it, the main purpose of establishing franchises is to drain your opponent's production.

Enemy production is added to or deducted from your overall production. Look at your production info screen to see what I mean.
        I understand that it can be added to the overall production, but I was wondering how that production could be used to build things in a city. If it is only used as overall production, it could only pay the military units and PW...

Comment

Well, the production tab of the civ screen makes it look like bonuses/penalties from government and workday are added overall, not city by city - but we know that's not the case. I guess that CTP adds up total base production from cities, applies all bonuses and penalties including those from corporate branch, etc. and then redistributes to the cities in proportion to their original contribution. You could experiment with small empires and cheat mode but the methods by which CTP calculates the various resource quantities are notorious, so you might have trouble.

Comment

You make a valid point, j Bytheway. The only effective way of knowing how CTP calculates everything is by reviewing the source code.
            "I'm an engineer. I make slides that people can't read. Sometimes I eat donuts." - Alice

Comment

Production stolen by corporate branches is added to your PW.
              veni vidi PWNED!

Comment

Another problem...

I'm now with full of corporate branch to annoy my opponents. I have lot of franchise but I have this problem: when I check out my dipplomatic/Intelligence menu, all the franchises are listed but bring 0 production each!!!
                How can this be possible? Is it because they still don't have layers (I choose those civs that haven't yet discovered Democracy) and it wouldn't be fare to attack civs that can't defends themselves??

Comment

The cities you have targetted have very little production.

Comment

Originally posted by jpww
                    The cities you have targetted have very little production.
                    Well most of them are about 3 or 4, but there are cities more than 7 of pop. It says in the civilopedia that it steals 50% of the ennemy production. No restrictions are discussed. Maybe in future patches?

Comment

Just because a city is size 7 doesn't mean it's producing a great deal. However, there are a lot of inconsistencies within the game, which leads me to believe that either the game is poorly documented or the developers of the game decided not to overwhelm us with their infinite wisdom!

Comment

I agree with you. The game is clearly poorly documented and whatever how long I search on Internet, I can't find the answers I'm looking for. Today, I found a guide on gamespot, I think. It was describing every units and some other stuff. About the corporate branch, it only said that the stolen production goes to your civilization... It seems that even the one that makes strategy guides doesn't have a clue! How pathetic!

Comment

Production taken from an opponents city by franchising goes only to PW.

I looked at a city producing a wonder and after franchising about 10 opponents in 1 turn, my PW had rocketed, but not much extra was being built. I adjusted PW down to 0% of Civ production on the Civ tab. The next turn I went from 0 PW in the pot to the same amount I was getting from the franchises in the special attacks.

I also had a shot at not building anything at all.

After supplies to units, the remainder is calculated at 100% of production. With PW at 0%, that leaves 100% for building, in proportion for each individual city according to its production. If that city doesn't build during a turn then that cities allocation for building is lost. It is not used for anything else.

So if your not making enough production to support your units , you (a) cant build city improvements; (b) can't add to the PW pot; and (c) franchising will help the PW pot, but not pay for your units.

I love watching enemy units dissapear as their civ gets franchised in a blitz. used along side seige tactics, city defences crumble. No need to loose troops in a battle needlessly, and no need to pillage as your about to take over the area anyway.

Comment

I am very enthousiast to get an answer as clear as yours! Thank you very much!

Comment

The Soviet Union is coming back to take over the world.

Comment

Working...
                              X