Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scrolling through civ's in cheatmode/editor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scrolling through civ's in cheatmode/editor?

I am working with scenario making and want to monitor ai's behavior. How do I select an ai from cheat mode to to monitor its movements? Is this even possible?

I remember someone telling me about the "/" key but I am not sure exactly how to use it?..somehow it scrolls thu ai's or other civs?

Thanks

Troll
    Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

So long as you have the map revealed (and show enemy moves turned on) you will see the AI moves during their turns.

Comment

And the thing to do with '/' you're remembering is that you can open the chat window with the ' (apostrophe) key and then type these commands (taken from a post by Locutus):

pacman: no clue, don't think it does anything
      toe: no clue, don't think it does anything
      /rnd: lets the AI play for X turns without human intervention (requires X as argument)
      /A: no clue
      /resetlos: resets the map: everything that's not visible will become undiscovered (black)
      /goodmode: I *think* this makes the entire map visible (same as the satellite wonder)
      /reloadslic: reloads the SLIC, useful for debugging SLIC code
      /exportmap: export a text map
      /importmap: import a text map
      /attach: turns of AI of player X (requires X as argument)
      /detach: turns on AI of player X (requires X as argument)
      /demo: no clue, don't think it does anything
      /resetstring: supposable resets the strings but I don't think it works properly (if it would works it should be useful for SLIC debugging)

The /rnd command might be handy for your testing. I don't know what happens if you use /attach and /detach in an SP game, they're normally for MP.

Comment

Originally posted by J Bytheway
        And the thing to do with '/' you're remembering is that you can open the chat window with the ' (apostrophe) key and then type these commands (taken from a post by Locutus):

pacman: no clue, don't think it does anything
        toe: no clue, don't think it does anything
        /rnd: lets the AI play for X turns without human intervention (requires X as argument)
        /A: no clue
        /resetlos: resets the map: everything that's not visible will become undiscovered (black)
        /goodmode: I *think* this makes the entire map visible (same as the satellite wonder)
        /reloadslic: reloads the SLIC, useful for debugging SLIC code
        /exportmap: export a text map
        /importmap: import a text map
        /attach: turns of AI of player X (requires X as argument)
        /detach: turns on AI of player X (requires X as argument)
        /demo: no clue, don't think it does anything
        /resetstring: supposable resets the strings but I don't think it works properly (if it would works it should be useful for SLIC debugging)

The /rnd command might be handy for your testing. I don't know what happens if you use /attach and /detach in an SP game, they're normally for MP.
        Thanks much, I shall use later this evening to see if I can find out whats going on.

Peace

Troll
        Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Working...
        X