Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What File allows/is it possible? to allow more than "4" trade goods per city?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What File allows/is it possible? to allow more than "4" trade goods per city?

Is it possible to say allow a city to have 6,8 or more goods going into it?
    I know "4" is magic number now, but can this be altered?
    If so, what file would it be in?

Thanks

troll
    Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

govern.txt would you believe...

for each government, there are the lines:
    Code:
    MAX_INCOMING_TRADE	4
    MAX_OUTGOING_TRADE	4
    Change the 4...

I don't know whether they work, but they are the lines to change.
    Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
    "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Originally posted by Immortal Wombat
      govern.txt would you believe...

for each government, there are the lines:
      Code:
      MAX_INCOMING_TRADE	4
      MAX_OUTGOING_TRADE	4
      Change the 4...

I don't know whether they work, but they are the lines to change.
      Yes Indeed, that did the trick!

I set each city to a Max of 12 each, I got the game launched and all is doing great.

2 things to ponder, One is the the message window pops up saying 4 trade routes met, which is not a big deal. This is just a message, not functioning. I am guessing when ever you reach the max trades this window pops up, from another file area??

The second is I set to 12, and one of my cities, BOston, has 14????

I am not sure how that happened?/ I will see what other cities this happens to and post.

Thanks again Immortal Wombat, between you, J Bytheway and Locutus, you three have been a great deal of help!

I am not looking to publish these Scenarios, just simply use for my own twisted..er..um..personal enjoyment!!

Thanks much again!!

Troll

Comment

Boston has 14 going in or out? Or 14 put together? If you put both numbers to 12, you could have 24 trade routes 'in' one city
        "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Boston has 14 going in or out? Or 14 put together? If you put both numbers to 12, you could have 24 trade routes 'in' one city
          total of 28, 14 out 14 in...strange, rechecked and had 12 & 12 on file listed??..but no problems!

Ai is working fine at this level, Im gonna restart a new one with a couple more civs, Ill keep you posted!!

Troll

Comment

What is the message you get at four caravans? I'll have alook for it and see if I can stop it.

Comment

What is the message you get at four caravans? I'll have alook for it and see if I can stop it.
              Its the message we all get when we reach 4 trade goods per city, a window pops up when you try to set say Boston or Washington DC with a trade route and it is maxed out.

On a related note, I change civilization.txt to show 150 cities and then change civ_string and name 150 cities, at first that dont seem bad, but after awhile, its like HEY VANNA GIMME AN "A" FOR ATHERTON B FOR BRADFORD FALLS C FOR COLLIUER>> it just takes a lot to come up with names...

I wint to a search engone, found city names and Im thinking MAN..what was them thar people thinking naming a city that??..lol..well..makes me feel better!!!

Thanks

Troll

Comment

The string is IA_TOO_MANY_TRADE_ROUTES - in info_str.txt

Comment

yeah, but the trigger for it is hard-coded, so removing the messagebox would be hard. The best you could do would be to change the text to something meaningless, like "Four trade routes - Marco Polo would have been proud!"

Comment

yeah, but the trigger for it is hard-coded, so removing the messagebox would be hard. The best you could do would be to change the text to something meaningless, like "Four trade routes - Marco Polo would have been proud!"
                    Thats rich..(no pun intended!!) I could change that, 4 trade routes! remember what happened when Bill Gates got too BIG!!"

Troll

Comment

I did some experimenting, and for me the message came when the max number of routes was reached, not when 4 was. For my scenario with variable route allowances I changed it to:

[city.1.name] is already the destination of the maximum number of trade routes under this government. Switch to a more lucrative government or find another city to send your goods.

Comment

Originally posted by J Bytheway
                        I did some experimenting, and for me the message came when the max number of routes was reached, not when 4 was. For my scenario with variable route allowances I changed it to:

[city.1.name] is already the destination of the maximum number of trade routes under this government. Switch to a more lucrative government or find another city to send your goods.
                        Yes indeed,thats the message I believe I got but got it at the max trade goods I set, it just read "4"..even though I had say 15 routes going into a city.

Ok..where did you find that file? Civ.str.txt ?
                        Thanks

Troll

Comment

Like I said before:

Originally posted by J Bytheway
                          The string is IA_TOO_MANY_TRADE_ROUTES - in info_str.txt

Comment

Working...
                          X