why can't I

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why can't I

why can't I establish embassies and franchises in other civilizations? everytime I try it the No symbol pops up.

You can't establish embassies if a) you're at war, b) they have the Forbidden City.
    You can't franchise if you don't have enough gold. About 1 or 2000 gold I think you need.
    Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
    "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Diplomats

Concerning diplomats, only one civ can have the Forbidden City, and if you're in that one, chances are you'll be expelled. Try to "stack" your diplomat with an armed unit. That way, the diplomat can't be expelled. It can be attacked, but then "you" haven't declared war on that civ, and you can keep that war going as long as you wish.

If, however, you're already at war with another civ, and you can walk your diplomats up to cities without being expelled or executed, it's a pretty good sign that city doesn't have an armed unit inside it. Get one of your samurais or knights over there right away!

And in a war, diplomats can help out. They don't cost much to maintain. They can walk over mountainous terrain, and they'll help you keep track of the enemy's troop movements. If the enemy wants to spend time chasing your diplomats (I assume you have multiple), let them! Keeps them from defending the cities!

Remember, diversify! Keep the punches coming from all sides! It's the best way to knead bread dough!

Comment

Working...
      X