Possible Scenario's I am looking into

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible Scenario's I am looking into

These would be , of course, my personal enjoyment.

1) Exclude all units EXCEPT Diplomats and settlers up to say Modern, then allow starting say with Machine Gunners and Marines. Kinda like what would be found around WW2 era. Hmm..likes this idea, gives a person a lot of time to simply build a city setup before fear of war outbreak, maybe even slow research down....

2) An all-air scenario where only planes and settlers could be built...

3) An all ocean-going vessel fest, only settlers in addition to say diplomats..

This is soo kewl, the little bit I have learned, and to think, I can still play online without worrying about the changing back and forth to those default files!!

I'll keep posted what i have come up with!

Troll
    Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

good luck on the AI...
    Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
    "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Originally posted by Immortal Wombat
      good luck on the AI...
      Hmm, I have heard that when altering game files, the AI, quite literally just sits and dont know what to think..or do..would this be , perhaps, what prompted your response my friend??

Comment

Yeah, especially with whole concept changes like not allowing land units. It would take a complete restucturing of practically all the AI files just to make it consider the idea.
        "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Originally posted by Immortal Wombat
          Yeah, especially with whole concept changes like not allowing land units. It would take a complete restucturing of practically all the AI files just to make it consider the idea.
          Hmm..I shall indeed consider this prior to my journey Down the yellow brick road!!

By the way, I get a better understanding, after playing with not slic files, how true your signature really is!!

Troll

Comment

Yup, those sound like interesting ideas but, as IW said, #2 and #3 might be hard to do AI-wise.

BTW, IW, what happened to the second part of your signature?
            Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

I know from trying to make my Mars Mod work that the AI is nightmarish. I couldn't even make it not crash the game, let alone behave properly. Simply removing settlers is enough to make the AI crash...

Comment

I dislike having more than three lines in my signature, and I wanted the MODCO line for a while. So Simon Newcomb had to go. I think Mike's statement speaks for itself.

Comment

It does to me, don't know if it does to everyone...
                  Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Locutus
                    It does to me, don't know if it does to everyone...
                    Ditto.slic.screw.up
                    cantfix.txt
                    unabletolaunchproperly.fli

hmm

Yup..me three

Troll

Comment

Working...
                    X