If anyone still plays this game.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If anyone still plays this game.....

I would really like to make a mod, but i don't really know if the things i wiish to add are even possible, but anyway....
    I wish to give every civ a special unit
    I wish to give every govt. a special unit.
    Oh yes, and i wish to add a 'custom' button to the civ select screen.

IS THIS POSSIBLE?!?

Probably not...

Adding a custom button isn't possible but the other two are.

Giving governments special units can be accomplished by adding those units to the game (if they're not in already) and giving them a GOVERNMENT_TYPE field in Units.txt (see UNIT_FASCIST for an example and Govern.txt for the list of governments).

I suppose the easiest way to give all civs a special unit would be to create for each civ an advance which has itself as prerequisite (so it can't be researched or obtained through goody huts) and creating a unit which has this advance as enabling advance. Then use SLIC to automatically grant this civ this advance when needed.

For exaple, if you want the Romans to get a Legion as civ-specific unit, create an advance ADVANCE_ROMAN which has itself as prerequisite (and which you call "Iron Working" in gl_str.txt), change the enabling advance for UNIT_LEGION to ADVANCE_ROMAN (but don't change the GL) and add the following piece of SLIC code (untested, may have bugs) to script.slc or scenario.slc:

Code:
    // XX should be the index of Iron Working in advance.txt
    // don't know it; YY should be index of ADVANCE_ROMAN
    trigger 'GiveLegion' when (discovery.type == XX) {
       if(PlayerCivilization(player.1) == CivilizationIndex("ROMANS")) {
          GrantAdvance(player.1, YY);
       }
    }
    Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Thank you, very much

Thank you