Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Npd Chart: April 27-may 4, 2002 / Ctp1!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Npd Chart: April 27-may 4, 2002 / Ctp1!!!

NPD CHART: APRIL 27-MAY 4, 2002 / CTP1!!!
    (17 May 2002, 05:26 | Misc) Yes! CTP1 takes it`s sweet revenge from all those have badmouthed all these years and returns to the top 10 selling games!

Best-selling games for the week of April 28-May 4, 2002:

Rank / Title / Publisher / Average Price
    1 / The Sims: Vacation / Electronic Arts / $30
    2 / Dungeon Siege / Microsoft / $39
    3 / The Sims / Electronic Arts / $43
    4 / Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast / LucasArts / $48
    5 / Medal of Honor: Allied Assault / Electronic Arts / $46
    6 / RollerCoaster Tycoon / Infogrames / $21
    7 / The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind / Bethesda / $48
    8 / The Sims: Hot Date / Electronic Arts / $30
    9 / Civilization: Call to Power / Activision / $18
    10 / Diablo II: Lord of Destruction / Vivendi Universal / $32

If Activision has included a copy of the Apolyton or Medieval Packs with it is unknown Both Gamespot and Avault have the same data, we double-checked!
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Oh yes, more newbie PBEM players !
    veni vidi PWNED!

Comment

WTF???!!! Very nice...
      Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Yeah a nice prize version let's wait to the nice prize version of CTP2, but before we could make some Great mods for CTP1. By accident I have some good sprites to upgrade Nordicus' mod of alternative trade goods.

-Martin
        Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Wow, I guess the dead can rise!!!!
          If you're interested in participating in the first Civ 5 Community Game then please visit: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forum.php

Comment

Weird
            "I'm an engineer. I make slides that people can't read. Sometimes I eat donuts." - Alice

Comment

By the way were is Civ3 in the chart.

-Martin
              Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Was there, but several weeks ago.

Comment

How?
                  Was Civ3 so disappointing that people went back to another Civ-style game?
                  Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                  "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Originally posted by player1
                    Was there, but several weeks ago.
                    Civ3 fell out of the top ten in late February, early March. Currently, CtP1 (a 3+ year old game) is outselling the 6 month old Civ3

...proving once again that a 'conservative sequel' just doesn't cut it...

Don't imitate, innovate

Comment

Huh? Makes me want to buy a lottery ticket. You never know what might happen next!

Comment

Next? Next Brian Reynolds announces that he's gonna design CtP3

Comment

Wow great news.....Civ3 folks must be trying to improve the game by playing ctp1.
                          The C:CTP MASTER.....

Comment

Seeing how the game is apparently this popular, maybe I should consider running Tournament games for CtP1 as well?

Comment

Well, I COULD let you ask my wife, what game I play the most, what CD did I finally wear out and what game makes me *POP* my keyboard in frustration most and also, although the game doesnt talk back TOO MUCH!! I sure do talk to my 21" monitor a lot!

Ok, as some have seen, I am still working on moding this game..love it so..

I can still remember my son, whom is a deputy sherriff now here in North Carolina, bringing home CIV2 on Playstation, I watched and became interested, he went out one morning, surfing, around 6:30 a.m., I asked if I could plaay it, he showed me a few things, and when he came back late that night, around 10:30 I was still playing, on our 60" Big Screen, well, after a couple weeks my sweetheart "asked" me to go get one for the PC, so when I went to Babbages I askd for the latest Civ game and CTP had just came out, and well, the rest is History. I played this online as Patton and I had nerve damage for like 8 months, RSDS, couldnt walk sleep or anything without being in terrible pain, got 13 spinal taps, so I was playing CTP for 18-20 hours a day!! I can for 1 person, say I have never played a game that I have enjoyed more than this!

Way to go!!

Troll
                              Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Working...
                              X