Okay, I am new to this.....but

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Okay, I am new to this.....but

how do I stop all my cities from declaring themselves a new country?

I am just learning to play, but I tried putting dips in all my cities to spot clerics, etc, built that advance (The Agency) to put spies there, and they still turned. I went from a bunch of cities (over 40) of greater than 70 to 10 all below 30.

Please, help a newbie out and give me a hint there. I have replayed the same scenario about 5 different ways, and it always happens.

Many thanks.

Takoth

The problem is that you don't have unhappiness under controll in your empire. To get it under controll you should use entertainer, to keep the happiness over the revolution level. Actual you should get a message in the message row when a city riots before it will get to revolution level.

-Martin
    Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

too many cities is really bad in certain governments. What ogv u using and how many cities you have>?
      The C:CTP MASTER.....

Comment

I was using democracy at the time. I had a happiness rating of 92, and none of my cities were in revolt at the time. In fact, they
        were all having those stupid celebrations for me the time before.

Anyway, I think I need to learn how to "spot" them before they come. So, thanks for the replies. I will keep trying.

Comment

Originally posted by Takoth
          I was using democracy at the time. I had a happiness rating of 92, and none of my cities were in revolt at the time. In fact, they
          were all having those stupid celebrations for me the time before.

Anyway, I think I need to learn how to "spot" them before they come. So, thanks for the replies. I will keep trying.
          Well, here is one thing to consider, Democracy is great on science and growth, but poor on production and WAR, even the preperation thereof, so ifin you are at war say or even building up a massive defensive military, AND you have a larger Kingdom AND are spread out AND have a few cities that are not exactly Happy, then your whole kingdom will become REAL UNHAPPY REAL QUICKLY!..look for the little RED attention getters on the left of your screen, I have learned over the years, DONT ignore them, especially in a DEmocracy govt.

Another trick that most CTP'ers use is to play with the sliders in the govt. tab settings, Work day, rations and Wages. Make sure they havent accidently been moved to an extremem. U could allways increase wages and decrease workday length, (Wouldn't that make you happier to only work 6 hours and make 1/3rd more pay ??)

Good Luck and one other thing, even though you built your Capitol in first city, ifin you have moved say a lot to east, move capitol more that way it will help decrease the "Distance-from-capitol" unhappiness!

Good Luck and keep Civin my friend!!

Troll
          Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Maybe some wonders went obsolete? Or worse, you built the AI Entity wonder and it backfired on you?
            Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Locutus
              Maybe some wonders went obsolete? Or worse, you built the AI Entity wonder and it backfired on you?
              Grrr If I had to rate ONE WONDER that sucked da Big One..as in a lemon tart I would say it was the AI Entity!

What good does it do?

I have never played where it aint bit the hand that fed it(I mean bit me for building it)

I was so ticked off, causing my happy cities to revolt!!

Troll

Comment

You can give it to the AI

Comment

You can give it to the AI
                  Im such a weinie some times..lol I will exclude all wonders, except egalitarian act and ai entity..I get cities that revolt and they get the furnace to revolt !!

I did that once and wound up with the ai entity!!

Back-fired!!

Troll

Comment

Egalitarian + AI Entity = Mayhem

Comment

Egalitarian + AI Entity = Mayhem

I forgot I built this one two, but actual I think the AI Entity can only parcified with the mind controll emitter. My observation was that I can avoid the problem after a reload with maxing out the sliders concerning happiness. So the SAOAP does help.

-Martin
                      Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

What does this 'AI entity' do?
                        Try my Lord of the Rings MAP out: Lands of Middle Earth v2 NEWS: Now It's a flat map, optimized for Conquests

The new iPod nano: nano

Comment

Originally posted by Troll
                          Im such a weinie some times..lol I will exclude all wonders, except egalitarian act and ai entity..I get cities that revolt and they get the furnace to revolt !!

I did that once and wound up with the ai entity!!

Back-fired!!

Troll
                          That happened to me, too. Fortunately in that game, the civilization that built the entity decided immediately tried to get those cities back, and commited an act of war against me. The city that had the AI Entity...you know, for some strange reason I neglected to fortify that one...
                          "It is not enough that you defeat your enemy. You must show him that he was wrong to oppose you in the first place." --Gul Dukat

Comment

Originally posted by Aolathiin

That happened to me, too. Fortunately in that game, the civilization that built the entity decided immediately tried to get those cities back, and commited an act of war against me. The city that had the AI Entity...you know, for some strange reason I neglected to fortify that one...
                            I will remember that "trick" too!
                            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                            X