What's with all the languages?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's with all the languages?

I'm sitting here, playing CTP for Mac, loaded a PBEM game, and the thing is in German! Fortunately I've taken some Deutch in college, but still, I bought the game in English and kind of expect to play it in English... is anybody else having this problem or am I just the crazy Mac user who got it where the sun doesn't shine again?
    I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Ya I have a french PBEM turn, a german PBEM turn, and I think a spanish turn. No worries Flames, we all suffer
    So one guy turns to another guy and says "T.A.I." His friends says "What?" He responds by saing "Think about it;)"

Comment

okay, thanks... just wondering if I was the only one... is there any way to correct it?

Comment

The messages are generated during the previous players turn, so the only way to make them English is to ask the person before you to switch to an English version of CTP.

Comment

great... oh well, thanks.

Comment

multicultural

You should all try to be more appreciative of each others language, just like Blackice in his thread 'touchy subject'.

touchy subject

Only Joking BI

Comment

Thank you Boney... wasn't looking for a flame, I was looking for technical support in translating turns... the German doesn't bother me because I've studied it, but it is easier for me when it's in English...

Comment

my problem is while i can guess at ssome words, the agree or decline opintions may say "error message" in one and somrthing l;ike nerevs in tthe other.
                So one guy turns to another guy and says "T.A.I." His friends says "What?" He responds by saing "Think about it;)"

Comment

That's my main problem as well... it's why I'm asking for tech support rather than complaining about the different languages I'm complaining about the errors caused by the turns being sent in different languages. Fortunately I can assume a lot of what happens, though I'd be at a total loss if I ever got a turn in Spanish or French... and fortunately the "reject" and "accept" buttons don't move but it is odd when offered a gift and the button options are "leave troops there" and "withdraw" and I have to choose "withdraw" to accept a gift...

I wonder if there are any language transmogrifiers out there... that way everbody could enjoy their native tongues...

Comment

Working...
                  X