AI's performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AI's performance

How do I improve the AI's gameplay? Which files do I use? Can I open them with notepad or do I need some SLIC programming software?
    So one guy turns to another guy and says "T.A.I." His friends says "What?" He responds by saing "Think about it;)"

The AI is not at all easy to mod in CTP. The relevant files are all those in ...\default\aidata\. There is quite a lot of fuzzy logic involved in the AI - if you want to understand that there's an MS Word document on the subject by Peter Triggs on my website at:

Latest news coverage, email, free stock quotes, live scores and video are just the beginning. Discover more every day at Yahoo!

Comment

And yes, you can open them in Notepad.
      Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Wow, Locutus missed an opportunity to plug EditPlus.
        Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
        "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

No, I haven't, it's an AI thread, not a SLIC thread
          (Yes, there *are* some EditPlus files for AI as well, but not nearly as good and useful as the ones for SLIC)...
          Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Still better than NotePad, add-on files or no.
            Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
            "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Working...
            X