unknown unit found on CD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unknown unit found on CD

While exploring the ctp CD I found all the videos that are used in the library. I found this one but can't find any info about what unit it is.

Here is the full file name starting with my cdrom drive.

F:/Setup/data/Max/ctp_data/default/videos/CU037A.avi

I can't access it from within the game.

Its called (according to the game files) UNIT_COMBAT_ENGINEER, and it is hypothesized that it was a minesweeping unit left in from when Activision were comsidering implementing land mines into the game.

It seems they removed the pictures, and only left in the sprite and the video, along with some text references in spriteID.txt and gl_str.txt (I think...??)

I did attempt to make the *.tgas for it, so it could be included in the game, and they were some of the first files put into the CtP2 database, but the quality is not very good I'm afraid.
    Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
    "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

I saw this too. Its like the Cattle unit. I had no Idea what it was for.

But I guess it was an aborted unit

Comment

I remember seeing the combat_engineer in that string now you mention it and the cattle. I didn't realise developers would have left stuff like that about. Maybe it was on purpose to pique the interests of modders.

I only started playing ctp at christmas, for a few hrs a week. I played civ1 and civ2 many years ago. My wife banned me from playing eventually as I would stay up all night.

I am still on my 1st world, cheiften, 5players, gigantic map. I quickly got ahead technologically and have just acheived 104 celebrations out of 104 cities. many of the older cities are at 100% happiness, and I dont have any entertainers. Wonders are all doing fine. I'm in the diamond age. I've retreived the DNA sample and am labouriously plodding on to create alien life. I have heard the ending is pants but I need to do it this way at least once.

What is annoying is the monument screen routinely popping up asking me to choose a monument to upgrade,when I seem to have them all: rocket castle, space ship, DNA, crystal statues. Am I missing something?

Part of me doesn't think this ctp is as involved as civ2. There are definately bits I like from civ2 that are missing from ctp. But you can't have everything can you.

Comment

Originally posted by Rual
          What is annoying is the monument screen routinely popping up asking me to choose a monument to upgrade,when I seem to have them all: rocket castle, space ship, DNA, crystal statues. Am I missing something?
          What you're missing is that you're too damn good Next time, try playing on Deity or something

Part of me doesn't think this ctp is as involved as civ2. There are definately bits I like from civ2 that are missing from ctp. But you can't have everything can you.
          There are some things missing but other things are missing from Civ2: Stacked combat, PW, unconventional warfare, space/undersea, etc... But if you want to get more out of the game, you should try the MedMod or something (I see you already found the newbie guide).
          Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Working...
          X