One of My Governments was Missing!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One of My Governments was Missing!!!

There I was, happily destroying the Celts and grinding the Vikings into dust, when ,due to some malcontents in my civ grumbling and causing unhappiness, I decided to change my Government to the recent discovery of Constitutional Monarchy.
    But, shock horror, it wasn't there!!!
    I could find it in the library, and in the science window; but I couldn't change.

OK. So I was playing on the MED4 MOD on the LargeCivs Scenario.

I dug a bit into the files, (and believe me I was doing so cautiously, no expert me), and I found the problem, Const. Mon. was missing from the govern.txt.

With a bit of Tinkering and a couple of educated guesses, I amended the govern.txt in the scenario folder and got my government.

Though an expert eye checking my guesses (which were based on what the other govs settings were) would be appreciated as I don't actually know what I may have done.

In doing this, I noticed that the Library info given for Governments when playing LargeCivs was that for the Standard MED4 mod game.

Charged by my success in reclaiming my government I powered up Easymod and did some more work.

The changes were just varying the current files and saving them under a new name.

However I did notice something that may be a problem:

The TOO_MANY_CITIES value for the govs in the LargeCivs Scenario are...

Anarchy 1000
    Tyranny 12
    Monarchy 22
    Theocracy 30
    Republic 35
    Democracy 65
    Communism 50
    Facism 65
    Ecotopia 135
    Corporate Rep. 105
    Technocracy 150
    Virtual Dem. 180
    Fundamentalism 75
    Const. Mon. 40

The last (Const. Mon.) is one of my guesses.
    The possible Problem is the Corporate Republic at 105, is this a typo for 150?
    It just seems an odd nuber in there.

If an Expert (I know some are out there) would be willing to check that I haven't completely cocked things up I would be very apprecitive.

Re: One of My Governments was Missing!!!

[QUOTE] Originally posted by neonihilist
    The last (Const. Mon.) is one of my guesses.
    The possible Problem is the Corporate Republic at 105, is this a typo for 150?
    It just seems an odd nuber in there.
    Ecotopia is 90 in the regular mod and 135 in the large version. Corporate Republic is 75 in the regular, so 105 for the large version sounds about right. Wes carefully balanced most things, not everything might be a nice round number but 'roundness' wasn't Wes's most important motivation in choosing those numbers.

If an Expert (I know some are out there) would be willing to check that I haven't completely cocked things up I would be very apprecitive.
    I'll ask Wes to take a look at this thread. It's been a while for him, so I'm not sure how much he can do, but he could at least read this.

Good to hear people are still playing around with this game though I feared the modding this game had stopped months ago...
    Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Re: Re: One of My Governments was Missing!!!

Originally posted by Locutus

Ecotopia is 90 in the regular mod and 135 in the large version. Corporate Republic is 75 in the regular, so 105 for the large version sounds about right. Wes carefully balanced most things, not everything might be a nice round number but 'roundness' wasn't Wes's most important motivation in choosing those numbers.
      As you can see, I increased the max city size by 50% for the large version. There were several other changes as well. I compared Fundamentalism between the two versions to see what had been changed.
      Good to hear people are still playing around with this game though I feared the modding this game had stopped months ago...
      I don't think this is the type of "modding" we had in mind, though. What distresses me is that this mod has been out a couple of years now, and apparently no one has noticed this before, or else didn't think it important enough to report. CM is a gov that most everyone should be under for a period of the game.

Btw, the only way to change the library info would be a append the large civs settings to the standard game's gov info. Offhand, I can't remember if that can be done. I think it would be awkward, IIRC.

I have attached the corrected file here. It goes in the
      C:\Program Files\Activision\Civilization-Call To Power\scenarios\MedPack4\scen0002\default\gamedata
      folder.
      Attached Files

Comment

Re: Re: Re: One of My Governments was Missing!!!

Originally posted by WesW
        I don't think this is the type of "modding" we had in mind, though. What distresses me is that this mod has been out a couple of years now, and apparently no one has noticed this before, or else didn't think it important enough to report. CM is a gov that most everyone should be under for a period of the game.
        True, not the kind of modding that we did in the old days (or that we still do in CtP2) but it's better than nothing...
        Why noone reported it before beats me, if I'm not mistaken your mod does still have at least some popularity in the MP forum...

Comment

Sorry I haven't been back since my original post, connection problems.

The changes I made seem to be working fine.

When I said I had changed some of the Library files I did this by adding files to the main GL folder and creating a new governicon.txt file in the scenario folder.

Here are the files.
          Attached Files

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: One of My Governments was Missing!!!

Originally posted by Locutus
            if I'm not mistaken your mod does still have at least some popularity in the MP forum...
            One game was started using it but it fizzled because two of the players started getting "Cant find Cxxxx.spr" errors. I swear I used to know what caused that error, but I've forgotten.

Another game is now starting on civgaming.net (I think that's the name) and there's some requests for another one here.

Comment

As they figured out on CGN (you got the right URL but that's not the name of the site ), the errors were probably caused by version differences. Some have it installed in the scenario folder, some use modswapper, some use v4.12, some v4.13, etc. With this knowledge in mind, I hope things will go alright this time though...

Comment

*bump*
                So one guy turns to another guy and says "T.A.I." His friends says "What?" He responds by saing "Think about it;)"

Comment

Working...
                X