Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I access the screen that allows me to exclude unwanted unit types?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I access the screen that allows me to exclude unwanted unit types?

It should be somewhere in the game set up but I can't find it. Help please.
    Long time member @ Apolyton
    Civilization player since the dawn of time

There is no way to do this by the panel.

You have to modify config file 'units.txt'.

For a better answer post your question to CtP Creation Forum.
    Zobo Ze Warrior
    --
    Your brain is your worst enemy!

Comment

Hi Lancer, good to see an old vet like you is giving this game another chance...

I think there's some sort of trick where you can play a 1-player LAN game and you'll be allowed to select the unit types you want to exclude, not sure about that though (or was that CtP2?). You'd have to ask faded glory (IIRC he came up with this trick) or some other player with LAN experience about that.

Other than that, changing units.txt is the easiest way to go. Simply add the line CANT_BUILD to every unit entry you want to exclude...
      Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Thanks guys, that might do it. Yet I distictly recall a screen or series of screens that listed every unit in the game and gave one the option of shutting them off. Ahh well...then again that might have been an option only in the original that wasn't continued in 1.2. Again, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer
          Yet I distictly recall a screen or series of screens that listed every unit in the game and gave one the option of shutting them off.
          That must have been either the CtP2 scenario editor/cheat menu (two names for one menu) or one of the Multiplayer screens (which, using the 'LAN-trick' that I mentioned before, can apparently somehow be used in singleplayer mode as well)...
          Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

The LAN trick! Yes that's it Locutus. It takes a while to get these old marbles rolling but you have pierced the darkness. The old comp I used to play CTP on had an LAN connection while this one does not. I wonder if it will work anyway? I'll give it a try.

Comment

Now I am way behind as I see on the date, but I do it all the time.

Set up a game in MP, exclude what you want, i.e. units,tile improvements, wonders, ect. then start a lan game OR..start a MP game with a password, locking out all other and have at it.

REMEMBER!:

You can load a saved MP Game from a hard save, but NOT Autosave, or you will need another human to be there!

Cheers!!

Yours In Civin

Troll-Meister!
              Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Working...
              X