CityMod2 comes to CTP1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CityMod2 comes to CTP1

Here is a small add on forHARLAN'S GRAPHICS MODPACK. It gives you all the necassary text and graphics files to make the new graphics of CTP2 CityMod2 available in CTP1.

In addition to Harlan's styles of Castle and Central American Pyramid it adds styles of Egyptain Pyramid and a Palace. Additional every city style has now its own modern style. As I made this *.zip file as small as possible HARLAN'S GRAPHICS MODPACK is required.

Here is a place from that you can download it.

-Martin
    Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Hehe, good stuff Martin The people still playing CtP1 will appreciate this. Maybe you should have posted this in General though, where it'll get more attention? Anyway, I'll see if I can convince Markos to post a news item about it, it's the first file to be posted in ages, it deserves it (but I wasn't too successful in getting Markos to post newsitems about Cradle and ZFSviewer a few days ago, so no promises...)
    Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

BTW, you might wanna fix up the readme a bit. Aside from being full of typos, you actually stated that you added a Castle style (where you meant to say Palace)...

PS News item on it's way to Markos...

Comment

Originally posted Locutus
        Maybe you should have posted this in General though, where it'll get more attention?
        And I thought that's the reason for signatures. I started to use to it to make Markos notice my CityMod2. However I use it now to advertise my mods. Maybe I should post in the general forum a note about it.

BTW, you might wanna fix up the readme a bit. Aside from being full of typos, you actually stated that you added a Castle style (where you meant to say Palace)...
        You are right.

And I thought I fixed already the Palace thing. But it turned out that I did not updated the *.zip file. However I found two more typos. They are now fixed.

(but I wasn't too successful in getting Markos to post newsitems about Cradle and ZFSviewer a few days ago, so no promises...)
        At least he posted the news item about Cradle.

-Martin

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Gühmann
          And I thought that's the reason for signatures. I started to use to it to make Markos notice my CityMod2. However I use it now to advertise my mods. Maybe I should post in the general forum a note about it.
          LOL, that would work too, especially when combined with a news item

And I thought I fixed already the Palace thing. But it turned out that I did not updated the *.zip file. However I found two more typos. They are now fixed.
          Much better already. There's some more stuff there that could be, how shall I put this, better formulated, but since you're not a native English speaker I can understand why it isn't (English is easy to learn but so hard to master, I'll freely admit I haven't completely done so yet myself either...). You certainly get the point across though, which is what matters most...

At least he posted the news item about Cradle.
          Well, what can I say?
          *Aaliyah mode*
          And if at first you don't succeed,
          Then dust yourself off and whine again,
          You can dust it off and whine again, whine again...
          */Aaliyah mode*

The other newsitems will probably be posted shortly...

Comment

Originally posted by Locutus
            (English is easy to learn but so hard to master, I'll freely admit I haven't completely done so yet myself either...). You certainly get the point across though, which is what matters most...
            I occasionally drop complex sentence structure, unusual words or stupid typos in to my posts in an attempt to catch you out, but it never ceases to amaze me how good your english, and the english of many, many europeans is.
            I feel kinda guilty for only knowing a rudimentary amount of French
            Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
            "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Well, actually understanding English is easy in my experience (well, presuming the speaker isn't an ottok ), but the problem most people have (surprisingly including many Brits and esp. Americans) is in writing English properly...

Comment

Well, actually understanding English is easy in my experience (well, presuming the speaker isn't an ottok ),
                I missed the golden age of ottok, but I have seen some of his threads. The legend lives on
                but the problem most people have (surprisingly including many Brits and esp. Americans) is in writing English properly...
                Yeah, English has fairly simple grammar (how do Germans cope with 3 noun genders? ), but it is fantastically irregular.
                Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

You think genders are a problem? You've never worked with cases before have you? 4 cases times 3 genders equals 12 combinations

Comment

Well, actually understanding English is easy in my experience (well, presuming the speaker isn't an ottok ), but the problem most people have (surprisingly including many Brits and esp. Americans) is in writing English properly...
                    It does not suprise me as Ben remarked it is fantastically irregular. German spelling is more regular, but be warned there are also these exceptions from the standard rhules. And every noun starts with a capital letter. That's sounds simple, but the problem starts if it is not clear is this word a noun or is this word not a noun.

Originally posted by Immortal Wombat
                    (how do Germans cope with 3 noun genders? )
                    You are used to it. And you know if someone use the wrong gender or the wrong gramatical case. You just know that the German translation of Civ2 was something far less than perfect. (One more point for CTP1/2 ) But don't worry Ben if you ever learned a bit of Latin than you know that it could be a lot more complicate. But Latin can teach you a lot about your own language.

So my conclusion is don't complain about your ability to speak English, just speak English and get better. However no one is perfect and I am shure no one speaks the perfect English, German, French... otherwise there would be only one world language.

-Martin

Comment

Hey , thanks for caring !

Haven't looked at it yet , but it is a nice idea
                      and I'm looking forward to test it - some of us
                      value the CTP1 very much even when being a
                      master of Civ2 etc . CTP1 feels better overall !

Thanks

Take a load of Fanny, take a load for free,
                      Ahhh, You put the load right on me !
                      The Band

Comment

Working...
                      X