Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can I activate the whole map from the start?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can I activate the whole map from the start?

Please tell me where to activate the button that shows me the whole map. I DON'T WANT THE FOG OF WAR, I want to see the whole map from the start. I have looked on the game menus and and in the manual that came with it but can find nothing about it. I just bought the game so I hope I'm not asking a question already answered.

Thank you

Diane

The only way to do this is through the cheat menu. Exploration is supposed to be an important part of the game, so they don't let you bypass it easily.

If you really want to do this without cheating you could add a unit with a really big sight range and give yourself one at the start of the game using SLIC - but that's a little complicated.

Comment

CtP does not have an option to turn off fog of war.
      Only through the cheat mode John mentioned but that's cheat.
      You will be able to see any enemy move in the map which is kind strange for a turn-based strategy game. CtP and any civ type game isn't like the RTS games which do have an option to turn off the fog of war.

However there is a wonder you can build once you get in the modern age, the GlobeSat which permanetaly reveals the entire map only to the one who builds it first and lasts until the discovery of Alien Archeology where it gets obsolete.

Comment

Re: How can I activate the whole map from the start?

Originally posted by Meszziah
        Please tell me where to activate the button that shows me the whole map. I DON'T WANT THE FOG OF WAR, I want to see the whole map from the start...
        Thank you

Diane
        Cheater!
        "I'm an engineer. I make slides that people can't read. Sometimes I eat donuts." - Alice

Comment

Slic commands
          “The Communist Manifesto was correct…but…we see the privileges of the capitalist bourgeoisie yielding…to democratic organizations…In my judgment…success lies in a steady [peaceful] advance…[rather]…than in…a catastrophic crash."Eduard Bernstein
          Or do we?

Comment

True, with SLIC you can indeed make the whole map visible. It's been ages since I last programmed in SLIC1 but I think the code should look something like this (add this to scenario.slc or script.slc):

Code:
            Trigger 'ShowMap' when (IsHumanPlayer(g.player) && (g.year >= 0)) {
                    GodMode(1);
            }
            Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

I may be wrong and I can't check right now but I'm fairly sure there's no such function in CTP1 SLIC. I hope I'm wrong because it would be handy.

Comment

You mean GodMode? I found it in the v1.2 documentation (in the Modification section of the CtP1 site).
                Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Almost certainly my mistake, then. I bow to your more recent knowledge.

Comment

Working...
                  X