S-L-O-W Game-play

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S-L-O-W Game-play

I've had this Mac CTP game for months now and can never really get a game going because it is so slow. I mean really slow. I play SMACx and CivII with no troubles. Well, the SMACx game is slower than CivII.

Any ideas how I can get this game to move along? I've made all the trouble-shooting adjustments offered and downloaded a patch. I'm on an OS 8.6 system.

Is there any expendable items that I can delete from the game to increase the speed?
    "What did you learn in school today, dear little boy of mine?
    I learned our government must be strong. It's always right and never wrong,.....that's what I learned in school."
    --- Tom Paxton song ('63)

You can try turning off the various animations (goods, trade routes, units, library, etc.). This might help a little.
    No, I can't beat the game on deity level with 16 civs and raging barbarians and, and...

Comment

How about deleting the beta-testers? I did this with SMAC and it played much faster. I just don't remember where to find the beta-testers in the CTP game (file, etc.). Does anyone know?
      I learned our government must be strong. It's always right and never wrong,.....that's what I learned in school."

Comment

What do you mean by beta-testers? Last time I looked beta-testers were people who played early versions of the game to find bugs...

Certainly minimising the graphics options is a good first step, you could also try playing at a lower resolution, on a smaller world or with fewer civs.

Comment

Yea, I know, but for some reason the beta-testers were listed in a file some where. A tech emailed how to delete them. The game did run faster.

Comment

I've looked at pretty much all of the files related to CTP at one time or another, and I've never seen any such list.

Comment

Working...
            X