Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MY NEWEST BESTEST BUDDY-FAT JACK's Slaver Service

Question?

I am absolutely delighted with Slavers, up to 2 weeks ago, I had, in 3+ years, only used Slavers maybe 1/2 dozen times in games .seriously, I almost allways excluded them because I saw no real value, but WOW! I am so glad I use them now!!

I use them in:

Battles

Against Barbarians

Against enemy units

To defend cities..or rather be within a city

My question is this..How do I change city that the slave goes to?

I mean say I am next to city 3 when i enslave someone, the slave could go there, or maybe it goes to city 7 or city 1 ..how can I determine where slave goes to?

Or can I ship a slave from one city to another?

I have enslaved so far like 30 slaves, great except I have a size 16 city and just got Medicine, and up to then Perspective is only other advance available to combat unhappiness, without putting on entertainers, see..I start at Renaissance with Wonders Exlcuded.

Can I indeed select a city to send slaves to, or does computer automatically determine this?

Thanks

Yours In Civin

Troll
    Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

My understanding is that the new slave is sent to the nearest city from where they were captured. I have seen neither a way to change where they are relocated nor how to "ship" them once they have been captured.

Also, be careful of having too many slaves in a city. Attempted revolts caused by abolitionist are dangerous in such a situation.
    No, I can't beat the game on deity level with 16 civs and raging barbarians and, and...

Comment

Slaves will be sent the the nearest city with enough military units to control them. I don't remember what the ratio is but I thinks it's 3 slaves to 1 military. There was some discussion a while back about moving units out of a city just prior to taking a slave (in the same turn) to force the slave to the next available city. I have never tried this but it sounds good in theory.
      Are you ready for the tomorrow that will never come? We will all have one.

Hebrews 9:27

Comment

Another thing you need to be careful of when capturing slaves, is that you must make sure that you build the Emancipation Act first. If you have a lot of slaves and fail, this can really hurt, especially because all your slaves become the OTHER civ's new CITIZENS. This can have a drastic effect on production, food, etc.

Just be first.
        No, I can't beat the game on deity level with 16 civs and raging barbarians and, and...

Comment

Yeah, the trick works. Just watch out for abolitionists coming your way. I mean... slave them before they get too close!
          "I'm an engineer. I make slides that people can't read. Sometimes I eat donuts." - Alice

Comment

THATS why I EXCLUDE Abolishonists

I therefore reap rewards of the "Dregs" of the World and I make sure NO WONDERS!! are available there for, I only have upsaide, afterall, in TROLL-DOM I rule, I am the Ultimate Voice of Authority and I say NO ABOLISHIONISTS!!

Thanks, for responses!

Yours In Civin

Troll

Comment

The Emancipation Act converts all your slaves to free citizens of *your* empire, not another empire's. Also, a sizable happiness modifier is incurred in all your cities that had slaves, for five turns -- if you don't build it first!
              SoulFisher
              _________|
              I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me. -- Galations 2:20 (paraphrase)

Comment

Originally posted by SoulFisher
                The Emancipation Act converts all your slaves to free citizens of *your* empire, not another empire's. Also, a sizable happiness modifier is incurred in all your cities that had slaves, for five turns -- if you don't build it first!
                Yeah, thats why , as mentioned above, I build NO WONDERS!..kinda sneakey, but this way my folks dont get.."UNION-IZED!"

Yours In Civin

Troll

Comment

If another civilization builds it first, they get the benefit. That is what I was trying to convey.

Comment

You are correct, jlc9539.

Troll, how did you remove all the wonders? Did you remove them from the AIPs build lists, or, comment them out in wonders.txt (or some such file)?
                    SoulFisher
                    _________|
                    I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me. -- Galations 2:20 (paraphrase)

Comment

Slaves is a good thing when you play alone against computer.
                      The AI don't build quickly "emancipation act".

But against human player it is otherwise !
                      Zobo Ze Warrior
                      --
                      Your brain is your worst enemy!

Comment

Originally posted by ZoboZeWarrior
                        Slaves is a good thing when you play alone against computer.
                        The AI don't build quickly "emancipation act".

But against human player it is otherwise !
                        The diplomacy aspect of slaving against a human player would have greater implications as well. The computer doesn't really do that much when you capture their citizens. However, if a human player ever tried to capture my citizens, that would justify war.

Comment

You are correct, jlc9539.

Troll, how did you remove all the wonders? Did you remove them from the AIPs build lists, or, comment them out in wonders.txt (or some such file)?
                          What I do is play a single player game in Multiplayer mode, ie either ipx or network, because I have network, or in a MP lobby, with a password or locked game, and then "exclude" what I want to, and setup as I choose!

Really neat that way!

Yours In Civin

Troll

Comment

That's creative!
                            SoulFisher
                            _________|

Comment

Working...
                            X