Windows Xp compatibility?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows Xp compatibility?

Is CTP compatible with windows XP? Everytime I try the install it gags at 6.0% install. If not compatible, how about a patch or whatnot? Thanks much

~SoRRoW~

Well, as I know WinXP use the kernel of Win NT with a lot of new stuff... so if CTP run on a WinNT then will run on XP, but I don't know this I have installed on 3 PC from Win 95, Win98 and Win Me and run just fine.

Comment

Im running windows XP pro and have not had any problems installing or running CTP.
      So one guy turns to another guy and says "T.A.I." His friends says "What?" He responds by saing "Think about it;)"

Comment

Maybe they are using the 'XP family' version ?

There's the same problem with CtP2...
        Zobo Ze Warrior
        --
        Your brain is your worst enemy!

Comment

I can install CTP fine on XP, but it crashes fairly regularily at various intervals. Not nice.

Comment

Do you have the patch installed?
            Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Patch for CTP or for XP?
              "I'm an engineer. I make slides that people can't read. Sometimes I eat donuts." - Alice

Comment

Yeah I have the 1.2 patch... Haven't heard/seen any XP patch, is there one?
                I've been playing some more and it's hard to tell what triggers the lock-up. Basically I have resorted to using auto-save and just ending task/restarting again when it locks-up. obviously that wouldn't work for multiplayer.

Comment

Very irritating indeed. It can really screw up science too; if it crashes on a turn I pick a new science to persue, it just makes it the first on the list (making me learn crap like Monarchy... *shudder*)
                  It probably locks-up about every half-hour on average. I hate XP.

Comment

Got Windows XP here, and not encountering a problem.
                    Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                    I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Working...
                    X