Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is There A Way To Get One Tech From An Advanced AI (i.e., Always Win)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is There A Way To Get One Tech From An Advanced AI (i.e., Always Win)?

In Apolyton Pack/CD mod?

I want to always get robotics (rocketry would be good enough) at about the same time the computer gets it, in 1620ad or whenever. Otherwise, on a min goods medium map with not much land and 2 AI opponents, nordicus trade goods, and a terrible starting position for me, they can build ALP before I can research even nukes, or robots, and I lose. I don't like that.

So is there a way I can always force the AI to give me that one key tech, that ensures I always win? If you park a stack of 9 cannons next to one of their cities and kill everyone in it, then suggest a treaty, will they then always give you their most advanced tech? Or something like that?

I tried a game where I didn't demand anything all game, I was allied and at war with the same civ as the best AI, and they still wouldn't give me robots.

Thanks if you know the secret to always winning, even under conditions where the computer players always have all your techs (so you can't trade anything) and there are no oils or monopolies on the whole map!

coldsteel73@yahoo.com

Use spies. Save up loads of gold, go up to AI cities, and steal techs like there's no tomorrow. (If you piss them off enough, there won't be er... )
    Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
    "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

that's a good idea, but all your spies can die without getting any techs, then they build alp. If you don't go for a specific tech your odds of stealing something improve, but you might get nothing but useless techs. I just need robots. Or nukes. In 1800.

Most of the time it will work but not every single time. Thanks tho!

Comment

I think this is a very important question. The computer must be programmed with a behavioural pattern of when it will and will not trade. At times in the past I have tried to trade tech and managed it. Other times, no go. If anyone knows the secret (like the 9 cannons suggestion for example), please let me know.

I have found one way to get extra tech is to just contest 1 foreign city. Take it, then vacate it and wait for the enemy civ to retake it again. Then you take it again etc etc. I reckon for a civ much more advanced than you, you will loot an advance this way with 40-50% chance each turn. Plus, militarily, this strategy is possible when probably the AI in question would be too powerful for you to contemplate attacking them all out.

Comment

Working...
        X