Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

has anyone used Celestial Dawn mod on Linux or BeOS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• has anyone used Celestial Dawn mod on Linux or BeOS?

I know I did it once on Linux - maybe a year ago, but now CTP complains that the ADVANCE_FUNDAMENTALISM doesn't exist, when it scans for government upon loading.

Has anyone encountered this? I removed the superfluous \r, and it made no difference.

Thanks,
    narmox.

hahaha, running CivCTP from the console in BeOS gave a little more info than in Linux. looks like Advance.txt (in ctp_data/default/gamedata) must be copied or moved to advance.txt. All files should probably be converted to unix text format too, as a lot of the aidata files made the game crash while loading or starting a new game.

whee!

Comment

oh and ctp_data/english/gamedata/Strings.txt should be copied to strings.txt (or is it String.txt -> string.txt) ?

more as I will discover it...

Comment

If you're having case-sensitivity problems look in default\gamedata\gamefile.txt and in english\gamedata\strings.txt where all the other files are listed so that the game knows what to look for. Check the cases of the filenames against those included here.

Comment

well

I wasn't using only CD's mod, I also had the add-on "Ultimate CTP" or something. That's the one that added Strings.txt, which of course wasn't the same as strings.txt. Well it's all fixed now, except that I find the AI much too powerful with CD. I couldn't believe it. at emperor level, by 1000 BC, they had started building emancipation act, each had like 10 cities with roads all connecting them, all city walled, and with a lot of irrigation.

I tried another time, at warlord (gah I hate warlord), and by 2000 BC my neighbours already had 4 cities with roads!

where do they get all that production???

Comment

hm

is it me or are there some problems with these patches?

First, Crime Syndicate seems to be available from the beginning, though it takes a few 1000's of turns to discover. Then, if I do discover it, nothing happens. the game goes right back into research crime syndicate. The AI seems to be able to research it however, but if I exchange with them, I don't actually get it. I expect the same will happen to a few other techs/govs ... This is with the CMmod

Comment

I was creating a scenario/mod (it's both, really) and I had the same problem! An advance I added was available to research, but, when I researched it, it just started over -- without any messages to me or anything. The AI appearantly would not research it either and would ask me to trade for it. When I traded with them, I would get their tech, but, they would not get mine -- 10 turns later, they would ask to trade for it again! Kinda cheap, huh?

I'm using only the 1.2 CTP patch (and the files I modified myself). I added the advance purely with the EasyMod utility.

Thanks.
              SoulFisher
              _________|
              I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me. -- Galations 2:20 (paraphrase)

Comment

ok so I guess it's not just a CTP for BeOS or Linux related problem. I reverted to the original CTP now.. On BeOS I have 1.24 (the last patch before Wildcard Designs went out of business) and on Linux I have 1.2a. I've no idea what's the latest patch on CTP for Windows
                I know mac has 1.2b...

I hope this is a problem that can be fixed. I remember applying mods on civ2 and having them work perfectly (when they were well done, like the "Fascist patch" which was my favorite)...

Comment

Re: hm

Originally posted by narmox
                  is it me or are there some problems with these patches?

This is with the CMmod
                  Which is the CMmod?

Comment

I think it's called the "Ultimate CTP mod". It's a mix of Celestial Dawn's "CTP as it should be" and LWLS or something (which adds 4 new governments: crime syndicate, semi-democracy, police state and anothger one)

Comment

Here's a list of things that I did to make the Apolyton Pack mod work with the Linux version of CTP. You should be able to convert other mods using similar steps.

The pathnames are from the Apolyton Pack, use the apropriate pathnames for the mod you are converting.

Hope this helps.

1. Convert all text files to use newline instead of CRLF (i.e. convert from "DOS format" to "Unix format").

2. Convert filename SCENARIO.TXT to lower case in scenario/Apolyton/scen000[0213]
                      directories.

3. Delete scenicon.tga, packicon.tga from scenarios directory. CTP crashes if
                      these files exist.

4. Convert scenarios/Apolyton/english/gamedata/STRINGS.TXT to lower case.

5. Convert all files in scenarios/Apolyton/default/gamedata to lower case.

6. Convert all files in ctp_data/english/gamedata/gl to lower case.

7. Convert unit graphics in scenarios/Apolyton/default/graphics/pictures to
                      lower case. (UPU and CC files).

8. Convert file names in scenarios/Apolyton/default/graphics/sprites to all lower
                      case.

9. Convert file names in scenarios/Apolyton/default/graphics/video to all lower
                      case.

Comment

Working...
                      X