Indulgence warning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indulgence warning

Does anyone know if you recieve any message that another player has sold indulgences in one of your cities, other than through the City Tab?
    SoulFisher
    _________|
    I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me. -- Galations 2:20 (paraphrase)

No, but does it matter? they only take 3 gold and its worth the happiness

Comment

Ah, but suppose they hit the same city with 9 clerics? I don't think I want to let them have 27 gold every turn in exchange for +1 happiness.
      SoulFisher
      _________|
      I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me. -- Galations 2:20 (paraphrase)

Comment

Actually if its 9 clerics, its 9 happiness isnt it? then youll get a production bonus if your citizens celebrate
        Also27 gold is very little.. since my cities produce well over 100 each by the time AI gets clerics. unless the city has a monopoly

Comment

You would be making a whole lot more gold than I would be at that point in the game! Typically, when the computer hits me with Clerics, I have about six cities making 200 gold per turn altogether. So an extra 27 gold per turn makes a significant contribution to my nation. Maybe I just don't research Trade fast enough.
          SoulFisher
          _________|

Comment

Well its 1000BC and I have about 15 cities producing 200 prod and 100 prod each on average. so I should be much more afraid of clerics actually converting my cities at that time

Comment

I must find out how you do that!
              SoulFisher
              _________|

Comment

TRK, what leval are you plying at? I can do that at King but not deity. In Med mod you wont be able to.
                He who believes and is baptized will be saved: But he who does not believe will be condemned. Mark 16:16

Comment

TRK must surely mean 1000 AD
                  Otherwise, we are talking about placing your cities no farther than 3 tiles apart and building nothing but settlers and warriors/phnxs without a care in the world.
                  "I'm an engineer. I make slides that people can't read. Sometimes I eat donuts." - Alice

Comment

I can see I'm not the only player who can't beat the game in the first 2000 years! Hooray for our side!

Maybe there are others who find Clerics useful? I've never been a fan of city conversion: costs too much, fails too often, and it's too easy for the enemy to get rid of the conversion. Selling Indulgences seem much safer for your Clerics.
                    SoulFisher
                    _________|

Comment

Well.. yeah I do build a lot of settlers in the beginning, so I do get around 10 cities by 1000BC, and If im lucky to have a close neighbor, ill capture a couple of his b4 he puts sum units into them.

Comment

His cities grow to size two before he even builds one unit into them (since capturing a size one city destroys the city)?
                        SoulFisher
                        _________|

Comment

yup. sum cities do tend to be empty when theyre size 2

Comment

Yet another eveidence of the AI's unwillingness to guard it's Settlers/cities. Sounds like another easy way to grab AI tech -- if you should be behind at all!
                            SoulFisher
                            _________|

Comment

Working...
                            X