Fusion Tanks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fusion Tanks

Does anyone think Fusion Tanks are worth the production? Can't Bombard and not that really powerful an attack. Plus, they have an annoying habit of not moving optimally over your railways and maglevs, waisting movement points unless you laboriously direct them.

Plasma Destroyers are better.

War Walker is also great.

I stay away from fusion tanks. They are expensive production. That is why!

Edit- Actually War Walker is not that great. Not as good as tank! Tank has attack of 16 defense of 10. War Walker has 12 Attack and 10 defense (same as marine). But the advantage of WW is bombard. Even if its bombard usaulyl does little damage (which it usaully doesnt do much)

Comment

You really can't make sweeping generalizations about Plasma destroyers and fusion tanks, they're barely comparable. Fusion tanks are handy for conquering enemy sea cities which are near to the coast without the bother of transports or undersea tunnels, but thats about it.

Comment

I dont know what u guys are talking about. I use 4 FT's and 4WW's to attack a city, PLUS a few dozen bombers or Ships to bombard it just before. they work like magic!
        and about Prod: I never worry, wonders take 6 turns to build.

Comment

Yes, the wonders are ridiculously cheap in CTP. The most expensive are only 20 000, which is just twice as much as a fusion plant. I've had a city which could build that in one turn. Do you really think it's possible to build the Star Ladder with only twice as much work as a fusion plant? That should cost 100 000 at least...

Leviathans are the other option around that stage in the game, handy if you're seriously rich so you can rush buy them in frontier cities with little production (Or even better - if you have frontier cities with lots of production).

Comment

umm yeah ur right, In my modpack, the wormhole probe costs 55000 prod. I hope its enough.. and btw: yeah ur right, I do get piles of gold in those times, and I generally buy buildings bcos they take longer and they cost less.. otherwise I try to waste the money any way I can.
            Units all take a turn or two to build, so if sumone aint happy with fusion tanks, they should consider building their cities in a more mountaneous place or hire sum laborers.

Comment

In my Mars mod the wormhole sensor is 2 000 000, but the most expensive wonder is 15 000 000 . You can't really compare this with normal CTP though since you can achieve much higher productions on Mars - I think I reached 120 000 per turn once (that's in just one city, not the whole empire), and I could have got more if I'd hung around and let the city grow more. But generally the wonders with costs in excess of 1 000 000 are intended to be rush bought in space cities with nanite factories.

Comment

I've noticed that little inefficiency in Fusion Tanks (not following road/rails/maglevs optimally). But that's livable since Fusion Tanks are so fast! They've got 8 movement points and can travel over shallow water! They're like Plasma Destroyers on land! You can't tell me that not having the ability to go anywhere in your empire in an emergency isn't a good thing.

Also, they've got better defence and attack than War Walkers. That defence comes in handy when driving into an unknown enemy forest; so does that movement!
                SoulFisher
                _________|
                I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me. -- Galations 2:20 (paraphrase)

Comment

In my opinion there are usually two science discoveries that I always try to delay in a single player game. Usually by this time I am so far ahead that it will take years before any AI will discover them. The first is Robotics, I don't want to lose London Exchange and Galileo. LE is such a powerful wonder, I always make sure it is mine. Anyway Warwalkers are crap in my opinion. Give me a few tanks.

The second is Fusion, fusion tanks are expensive, and as I am usually far ahead in both tech and power, they are not necessary. I prefer to delay the day that I cannot produce convential tanks. 6 or 7 stealth bombers and 5 tanks should be enough to take nearly all AI cities.

I usually play deity. 8civs, huge map. Does anyone know what is the setting at which the AI is most powerful. I know that Wes's medmod is good but it becomes a hassle when I want to play multiplayer online. I always seem to end up having to uninstall everything and reload

Comment

This is all a bit tiresome. What is the point of putting up posts saying "I have 50 billion million zillion prod and gold, send stacks of 4 WW and 4 FTs and bombers and plasma destroyers and ..and .....and".

Unless I am crap at this game (which may be true!), deity gigantic map, 8 civs is rarely a walk-over. Most of the posts here presume huge military and/or production/tech superiority. But you rarely have this, and if you do, it is kind of irrelevant what military strategy you use - you will always win.

Posts welcome from those, like me, who find this game a challenge.

Comment

Hardest setting: huge map, 16 civs, make them communist sympathizers, don't seize every advantage (act like you're a real-life leader who's very perceptive but can't predict the future).

Fusion tanks and war walkers are completely unnecessary. First of all, by that time my enemies are nearly dead. Second, I love my tanks. I don't want some floating white fusion ***p. Third, don't wait until the Genetic Age to build an army.
                      I have used this strategy since the dawn of time, and it always works. Build 120 tanks, about 20 aircraft, 5 marines, 5 warships, and that's all you'll ever need .
                      Truth is not negotiable.

Comment

sorry mispost

Comment

The toughest map, I think, is 2 ai opponents, min goods, land slider to the left of default a notch, uniform. Probably even better if one enemy civ dies right away, I haven't tried that. Even harder if apolyton pack and nordicus trade goods. Even harder if you make sure you start in a desert, or in a huge patch of plains, or a forest without a river. Also militant/aggressive enemies, on your continent. Make sure there are no oils anywhere within your range.

On deity, in some situations I believe you cannot win, no matter what you do. They can overrun you with stacks in the bc's if you don't build forbidden city, it's possible to never trade a tech with anyone the whole game, they can build alien life before you can stop them. If you try to attack them, they can get tanks and planes and take back their cities. I think so, I'm still working on it. If I could just get robots or rockets from them every single game, but I don't know how to do that.

Comment

Originally posted by J Bytheway

Leviathans are the other option around that stage in the game, handy if you're seriously rich so you can rush buy them in frontier cities with little production (Or even better - if you have frontier cities with lots of production).
                            The problem I have with leviathans is that they move so freaking' slow. By the time I'm seriously able to produce them, all my other units can zip around really fast. For me leviathans just aren't worth it.
                            No, I can't beat the game on deity level with 16 civs and raging barbarians and, and...

Comment

yes, leviathons are slow, but they are hard to kill. So one in a frontier city should guarantee that cities safety.
                              Personally, I rarely reach that stage in a game. Either I have won already or I am so far ahead it becomes kind of boring.
                              Even in multiplayer, which I rarely win, it is not often that you get to that stage.

Comment

Working...
                              X