Silly Question but here goes.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silly Question but here goes.....

I'm new to the series and will probably be with the series for a long time to come but a newbie question for everyone.

Can/How do I change the number of years per turn? Right now it's at 50 years and was wondering if you could increase/decrease that number.

Thanks,
    Willy

How many years per turn depends on your tech level. There are certain techs that once discovered decrease the years per turn. Other than that there is no other way to change the years per turn setting. I could be wrong though. Does anyone out there know of any files that can be edited perhaps?
    signature not visible until patch comes out.

Comment

Do it in the diffDB.txt file in the gamedata folder. Remember, there are 6 difficulty levels. Save a copy of the original file (it can't harm ).
      First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win.

Gandhi

Comment

Techs?? Maybe your CTP world is radically different, but in mine it changes to 5 years after 1050, regardless of the techs or difficulty level.
        Truth is not negotiable.

Comment

Yeah Techs. I haven't really proved it yet but since I usually lag behind the AI in science I'm convinced that once they discover certain techs the time scale changes. I usually play on king level.
          signature not visible until patch comes out.

Comment

The rate of game play in years/turn is determined only by difficulty level and turn. I assure you techs have nothing to do with it. As mentioned, edit DiffDB.txt to change the rate, but if you want to change the start year and end year you must edit const.txt - both files in \ctp_data\default\gamedata\.

Comment

Working...
            X