Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which part of a game do you find the hardest?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here (attached) is a modified version of DiffDB.txt based on the MedMod version. Chieftain and Warlord are exactly the same as Emperor and Deity used to be, and the subsequent levels are harder as you would expect. Your civ score will also increase to reflect this.

Just put it in ...\scenarios\medpack4\default\gamedata\ (you might want to back up the existing DiffDB.txt first be renaming it to DiffDB.bak or something) and then play the MedMod as usual. Come back and tell us how you do.

I'm fairly sure the (new) deity level is impossible - the AI players start with 5 settlers to your one and pay about half as much for science. If that's still too easy then it wouldn't be too hard to create another iteration...

You should also be able to use this DiffDB.txt in place of yours for ordinary CTP playing if you so wish, though you will of course have to put it in ...\ctp_data\default\gamedata\ for that.
    Attached Files

Comment

Well, the game will be really difficult, at the begining. But later, if you will survive in the first battles, you will win anyway, because computer is too stupid!
      What ever you do, always think first!

Comment

--very true

I can predict most problems, serious and small, but the hardest ones to predict are the noncombat attacks.

Comment

I always play Deity, 8 civs. Vary the water/land and diversity sliders.

I find the hardest bit is around the time you first get into space. At this point, I am normally fascist and kicking butt (either lead civ, or challenging). But then you tend to have the problem that most rival civs are seeking to complete ALP.

You can try and knock them out (and of course develop it yourself), but i find that you can be in a position where you have taken out the top 3-4 civs and have an unassailable lead, only to find one piddling little civ somewhere completes it.

I have never played Bloodlust. Would you recommend it?

Comment

Blood lust is the only way to play, that way you don't have to worrier about ALP. I am not as fast getting to the lead so keep getting beat by ALP in blood lust get lots of fighting and can win in the end.
            He who believes and is baptized will be saved: But he who does not believe will be condemned. Mark 16:16

Comment

The way I fight is have at least 4 marines and a tank in or at the border of my cities. i send out spys and diplomats to see how weak the ai is. Then I build up my marine force to around 50 marines and send them all over the map. I have detroyed 3 ai civ's is 5 turns by attacking en mass. The cities I take over I rename and those to small (3 pop or less) I disband them.

Comment

well I prefer a more "balanced" civ. I don't play any civ as a wargame, but more as a simulation for.. er... civilizations! So I like taking things more seriously as if I really were the leader, I don't like to go on world-conquering manias - although sometimes it happens, depending on the regime that takes over my government! Now, if only I could play multiplayer and do that against real humans instead of the single-minded AI...

Comment

I try to be nice but, when they keep trying to build cities in my civ I tend to get upset. I have had them build right next to my city.
                  He who believes and is baptized will be saved: But he who does not believe will be condemned. Mark 16:16

Comment

Originally posted by Dictatress
                    I've tried making my game support 32 civs, but it has only enough colors for 16. When I tried to create more colors, it kept giving me an error message. I experimented and found that it was the new color line that caused the error.
                    This makes me upset...................I'll go nuke the rebels......
                    There is a mod in the database (Nordicus' ?) which adds enough colours for 32 civs.

I found the end was the easiest. The enemy had all been vanquished except for the final few, and I was battling pollution and rebellions for the last hundred turns.
                    Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                    "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Working...
                    X