CTP broke my computer!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CTP broke my computer!

Well okay, maybe it didn't totally break it. But the symptoms are very disturbing!

CTP was working fine for a good while. Then one day recently I started it up and it refused to play music. It seemed to read the CD just fine, it performed perfectly in every other way, but there was just no music. So I popped in a music CD to see what happened. That didn't work either! Oddly, I could open my music CD and see the track files, but when I double-clicked on one, the CD player application stubbornly said, "Data disc or no disc in drive" or something like that.

The last time music played from the CD was the previous night. I closed CTP and turned off the machine, and the next evening turned on the machine and opened CTP. That was all I did with my machine between the time when music worked and when it didn't.

Yes, I tried installing the patch. It turns out the version I have is already 1.2. (I just bought CTP recently.) I tried rebooting. I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling CTP. I have Norton Utilities and used the general diagnostic utility to see if it could find anything wrong with my registry or anything else. Nothing.

What the hell do I do now?

This is my system:
    Gateway PII-450
    192 MB RAM
    NVidia 16 MB graphics card
    Some sort of SB PCI sound card
    Some sort of Mitsumi CD ROM
    Windows 98

By the way, is this smilie supposed to look obscene? Because it does to me.

Same thing happened to me, uninstall and reinstall your sound card.
    “The Communist Manifesto was correct…but…we see the privileges of the capitalist bourgeoisie yielding…to democratic organizations…In my judgment…success lies in a steady [peaceful] advance…[rather]…than in…a catastrophic crash."Eduard Bernstein
    Or do we?

Comment

Working...
    X