I need help getting the 8+ Civ thing to work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need help getting the 8+ Civ thing to work

Ok, I go into the userprofile thing, change the value for num. players, and everything works fine..I play the game with x amount of civs..but when I exit the game after Ive changed the values, My Desktop is all screwed up, the text and the windows are all so huge I cant do anything and I have to reboot, and restore system from the start menu. Does this have anything to do with the fact that I'm running off Windows ME? Or did I miss something?

thanks for any help in advance
    juggo

There's a TryWindowsResolution option in Userprofile.txt, did you change that to yes? If so, it might be some strange reverse effect from that.

Comment

No, I didn't change anything besides the NumPlayer value, and this only happened when I played with 9+ civs... when I play reg. (9) or less everything is fine. This did only happen once because I didnt want to play again with 9+ until I figured out what was wrong, who wants to restore system every time they play a game?

Anyone know whats going on? I know a little about computers but not enough apparently.

Juggo

Comment

In my case that happens only when the game crashes, but the screen restores itself.

I'm amazed you were able to play with more than 8 civs while only changing userprofile.txt . I had to change profile.txt also (changed both "number of players" to 17).
        Truth is not negotiable.

Comment

ahhh this profile.txt which you speak of... maybe this is my problem, I will correct it and report back. Appreciate the assistance.

Juggo

Comment

Working...
          X