Preliminary release of mars scenario

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preliminary release of mars scenario

Finally! I am uploading the preliminary version of my scenario to my brand-spanking-new (and extremely simplistic) website as I type these words.

(EDIT - Sorry, the website's gone, looks like they terminated my account, see my post below)
    iwebland.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, iwebland.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

I'm posting on the creation thread because what I want now is playtesters, not players, and hopefully those who frequent this forum will be more forgiving of my errors.

I want to know:
    a) If it downloads correctly.
    b) If the installation instructions are clear.
    c) If it works
    d) What you think of it.

Note that this scenario is human players only - no AI code has been written, and AI players crash the game. If you've more than one CTP player in your house (or close by) and you can play this hotseat then you're the perfect playtester for me. I've no idea about internet games, and PBEM would be silly since updates should be coming fairly soon.

I am most worried about the possible imbalance of the units and the governments.

If you just want to use it for inspiration, or to copy my ideas then that's fine by me - imitation is the sincerest form of flattery - so long as you tell me what you think.

Thanks in advance,

John
    Last edited by J Bytheway; August 10, 2001, 08:20.

I'd be glad to try out your scenario over the weekend. As a matter of fact, I'm really intrigued by the whole idea of a scenario based on Mars. Let me ask you this, will I need to have MedMod 4.x installed too?
    "I'm an engineer. I make slides that people can't read. Sometimes I eat donuts." - Alice

Comment

will I need to have MedMod 4.x installed too?
      No you won't.

Unfortunately, the server seems to have terminated my account (after just one day!) - perhaps they were put off by .zip files. . So you can't download it right now. Does anyone have an idea as to how I can make this thing available? I'd rather not use the Apolyton site until it's finalised, since updates would probably take a while... And I don't want to e-mail 5MB to everyone... Would anyone be willing to host it on their site - I could e-mail it to them.

All these free servers have an anti-zip policy,and it's seriously annoying...

Comment

Damn webservers...

Have you tried other compression packages other than zip, like WinRar, etc. ? The server might not pick it up. I have 2mb space, but that doesn't really help... I think maybe AOL's hometown service will let you have 5mb, but only if you use AOL...

If all else fails, post 25 small zip files in 25 posts here...

Why is it AI players crash the game?
        Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
        "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Working on it still. I think geocities might just allow it - the CTP PBEM Mod is hosted there, but that's a lot smaller.

Comment

If you're still interested, go here:

Comment

Working...
            X