cattle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cattle?

i was looking in the unit text what are cattle?

"Cattle" units add food to the tile they stand on, sort of like mobile farms. It's been said Activision removed them from the game because they cluttered up the tiles between cities, making it impossible for stealth units to infiltrate an enemy state (enemy cattle will slow down your invasion force, too).
    SoulFisher
    _________|
    I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me. -- Galations 2:20 (paraphrase)

Comment

I think that if you have a wall of cows around all of your cities it actually would slow down an invasion force in reality... If not for anything else, then for amazement .
      This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand

Comment

thanks, makes sense

Comment

you can activate the cattle unit by removing the line "CANT_BUILD", but it's not very good, as you map will become so overcrowded with cows. it's just alwful.
          ==========================
          www.forgiftable.com/

Artistic and hand-made ceramics found only at www.forgiftable.com.

Comment

Are cattle rustled?

No problem!

What I want to know is whether anyone has confirmed that "rustle" is a special attack against cattle. Does this attack actually work?
            SoulFisher
            _________|
            I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me. -- Galations 2:20 (paraphrase)

Comment

maybe ther should be a mod that simulates foot and mouth disease, and if you ahve too much cattle you get the pollution up an there is a random risk fot foot and mouth. when you get it 90% of the cattle dies, and if you based your food supplies on them this would make you think twice!

This makes me think it is not so bad idea after all.
              Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
              GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Make it mad cow disease, and instead of a random chance have it an ability of infectors. This wouldn't be completely impossible in SLIC, but difficult. You'd have to catch clicks and check if the selected units was an infector next door to an enemy cattle then have an alert box with 'Do you wish to infect the [empire.name] cattle with a nasty disease. Yes/No'.

Then a fraction of cattle dies according to the number you own. (The more you own, the easier it is for the disease to spread unnoticed, so you lose a greater fraction). Possibly include a same-continent check (I don't know if you could do that...).

That way, civs using the odd cattle here and there to provide vital food supply would be fairly safe, but civs trying the wall-of-cows tactic could be easily circumvented.

Possibly you'd have to allow the infector earlier or make a new cattle-infector unit that was available earlier.

Or then again, maybe a random thing is better (but it's a bit arbitrary - another AI entity time bomb? "Oh no! Now I've lost, my cattle just exploded!").

Rustle is an obsolete thing according to an interview with one of the CTP programmers. The code's still in there, but there's no access point.

John

Comment

(but it's a bit arbitrary - another AI entity time bomb? "Oh no! Now I've lost, my cattle just exploded!").
                  Lol, J Bytheway.

What a picture! I can just imagine that. More menacing than the Infector, more annoying than the Lawyer, its the Cow Detonator!

Comment

Working...
                  X