loading my boats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• loading my boats

I must have missed something in the manual, because this is driving me CRAZY!

I am using a longship to ferry units across a channel and invade the next guy over I have it sail into a city with slleping units waiting for a boat, and I can't get it to leave the city with the units! I have tried several times to select the units and them have them sail out, but it just then deselects them all and leaves me doing nothing!

I may have to waste a turnmoving my longship out by itself and moving the units onto it manually.

what am I doing wrong? how is this supposed to work?
    Any man can be a Father, but it takes someone special to be a BEAST

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...
    ...but Father Beast beat me to it! - Randomturn

I might be remembering wrong, but if you leave all your unit fortified except the two you want, make them sentry, the boat should automatically take the sentry ones out with it. Let me know if that works.

Comment

Don't touch your sleeping units once your boat arrives; just get your boat in and out of the city. If this is not the case, save the game and send me a copy of it. I will examine it and tell you what's going on... For a small fee, that is j/k
      "I'm an engineer. I make slides that people can't read. Sometimes I eat donuts." - Alice

Comment

OK, got it going. The strange thing is that when I selected the units I wanted to go and had them sleep, it didn't let them sleep and FORTIFIED them instead. I DID move my longboat out of the city and no units were aboard. I got the units I wanted activated, but they wouldn't board the boat out of the city. I had to move them onto a coastal square and THEN onto the boat.

I don't know what happened. it hasn't happened since. I've been moving units out of that port for a long time now without difficulty. well, unless you count when the city had 9 units and the ship couldn't get in. But I knew what was going on then.
        Any man can be a Father, but it takes someone special to be a BEAST

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...
        ...but Father Beast beat me to it! - Randomturn

Comment

Working...
        X