please explain ctp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• please explain ctp

erm, when i first bought this (a while ago) i though it was the sequeal to civ2... But it looks as if the only thing in common was the name. ctp didn't even have scenarios or pre set maps and the interface is next to impossible for someone used to civ2. Did activison just get the rights to the name or wasd it a cheap rip off?
    eimi men anthropos pollon logon, mikras de sophias

Activison got the rights to the name. But not to make a sequel to civ2. CTP is a similar but different game. When taken as a civ type game, it is actually quite good. Some of the concepts are excellent, some awful(like the interface and AI). Now if you want a real rip-off by Activison, try CTP2. The game is a bugfest. Civ3 is the official, sanctioned by Hasbo Interactive owners of the "Civilization" name, and will be the next step in the series.
    "The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved - loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves."--Victor Hugo

Comment

i dont remember anything good about the game except the idea of bombardment. something ithing you should be able to do with things like artillary from a distance.
      eimi men anthropos pollon logon, mikras de sophias

Comment

I don't know about bombardment. I had a battleship bombard a size 2 city for 4 turns and nothing happened. I gave it up and sank all his longships instead.
        Any man can be a Father, but it takes someone special to be a BEAST

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...
        ...but Father Beast beat me to it! - Randomturn

Comment

There might be two reasons:

One, there was a lot of units in the city. With a healrate of 2 turns, you probably never will be able to make a kill.

There was no units in the city.

So unless you had a longship/SOTL/Transport with some units able to take the city, then you did the right thing - find something else to destroy
          First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win.

Gandhi

Comment

Working...
          X