Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Single Player Nostalgia - what is the best combination of mods?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Single Player Nostalgia - what is the best combination of mods?

After jumping straight into PBEM, I once again find myself hankering for a go old fashioned single player game that is going to test my abilities...

So what's the best combination of mods to get me what I want...?

As far as I can tell, the toss up seems to be between Med Mod 4 and CD 4.22 - my understanding is that these two are mutually exclusive?

Lastly, I still intend to be playing PBEM - is any of this going to screw that up in any way?

Thanks guys!
    Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Since I play PBEM I don't play any more single player game. IA is too morron to be enjoyable.
    Zobo Ze Warrior
    --
    Your brain is your worst enemy!

Comment

Wes' MedMod is based on CD' mod. So no doubt, MedMod is best.

And if you like to play with 20-32 civs on enomous maps, then I have a little add-on (based on Wes' MedMod files), that change colors and eliminate most of the annoying small-island/lakes areas, that often occur on random super-large-huge maps.

As far as I remember, there still is a bug somewhere, making the game lock-up when there are no advances left to choose?!?!?

Edit: Just read this:

Lastly, I still intend to be playing PBEM - is any of this going to screw that up in any way?
      No, as long as you place the mods in the scenario-folder, there is no problems at all.
      Last edited by TheBirdMan; June 23, 2001, 02:14.
      First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win.

Gandhi

Comment

MedMod 4.22 includes CD's mod, so there isn't any problems with them conflicting.
        Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
        "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Howdy,

What do I need to download to be able to play with one of those super huge maps and 24 civilizations?

tragicHero
          ¤

Comment

Thanks guys!

So is Med Mod 4.22 all I need to download then?

All I've ever bothered downloading so far is CtP patch 1.2...

What is your idea of a great CtP single player set up that still allows you to play PBEM unaffected?

Cheers!
            Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Well, I would say:

Take the largest map.

Edit the values of participating nations in c:\programs\activision\Civ... Call To Power\ctp_program\ctp\userprofile.txt to 12 or 16 (then you will have both allies and the opposite). Remember if you allow more nations than you start with, a revolt will result in a new nation (gives more fun).

Then go on!
              First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win.

Gandhi

Comment

You will also need the v2.11 'hack' Thats here on Apolyton though.
                Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Working...
                X