Is it just me, or is CTP slow-moving?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it just me, or is CTP slow-moving?

I've now been messing with CTP for almost two weeks, and it still seems like the games develop very slowly. Contact with other civs seems sparse, and even though I'm up to 1300 AD, the other civs still aren't doing a whole lot. I expected the pace of the game to really pick up by now. Am I missing something, or is CtP just more slow-moving than Civ2? By the way, I like CtP, and I even like the interface!

Have you tried Med Mod? Either that or try to increase number of civilizations or reduce you map size if you want more interaction. I always enjoyed the middle of the game, but the end takes so long. As with all civilization games, you always seem to know who is going to win long both they actually win.

Comment

In addition to adding more civs, I would suggest setting up a bloodlust game at Deity level. In my opinion, this will give you the toughest match you can get. One of the nice things about CTP is that you can adjust the terrain distribution of your map so as to increase the difficulty level of your game. For an extra added touch, you could also create your own scenarios, mods, custom maps, etc... If you are still not satisfied by the playing level of your opposition and want an even greater challenge, you can try and find yourself a more formidable adversary... a real one... a human one!

Edit:

Oops, I almost forgot to answer your question!

A\ You can always play faster!
      Last edited by jpww; June 15, 2001, 20:05.
      "I'm an engineer. I make slides that people can't read. Sometimes I eat donuts." - Alice

Comment

Slow but steady wins the race
        I'm playing with Med Mod 4 on a gigantic map and met everyone around 1500AD I think.
        A small map size would make the meetings of other civs faster, and you can also increase the movement points of the units or lower the movement costs of the terrains.

BTW, I like the interface also
        If god is on our side,
        He'll stop the next war

Comment

In fact the game it's quite slower, I noticed too. I fact trade is very importante. You have too build rapidly monopole to earn more money. You have too choose a right gouvernment. And war slow down science too.
          Zobo Ze Warrior
          --
          Your brain is your worst enemy!

Comment

Working...
          X