No announcement yet.

Apolyton Pack works, Med Mod 4 doesn't!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apolyton Pack works, Med Mod 4 doesn't!

I just purchased CtP, but I had read enough to know that most people don't advocate playing it as is out of the box. So, I downloaded the 10MB Med Mod 4 mod and figured that would do the trick. However, every time I started a game, it would crash back to Windows after just a few turns. This happened every time. Here's what I did:

Install CtP 1.2
    Install 1.21 Hack
    Install Med Mod 4 (extract files to the CtP directory)
    Change userprofiles.txt so that debugslics=yes

For the Apolyton Pack, I followed the same order (replace Med Mod with Apolyton Pack).

Any ideas why the Med Mod 4 pack doesn't seem to want to work? Thanks for your help.

You say it doesn't work. How? A crash? Lots of load errors? Doesn't appear in scenario lists? etc.?

Comment

I start a new game, and after about 4 turns, the game simply quits back to Windows. No error message, no GPF, it just disappears and goes back to the desktop. CtP does throw up a box offering to report the problem to Activision, but that's it.

Comment

That's a new one on me. I had lots of problems with Apolyton the first time I installed it. A complete uninstall and reinstall of CTP followed by Apolyton Pack solved the problem.

Comment

Apolyton Pack, Med Mod 4.... are they completely different? Are they compatible?

Comment

Working...
          X