Need help for size of tga files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help for size of tga files

I'm adding new governments, improvments and advance to ctp1 but i realize i don't know the size of the image to be displayed in the great library for an advance or else.
    I know it is 16 bit tga files, but don't knwo the size that icons must have.
    Can someone help me ?
    -----------------------------------------------
    Metal -- from France

160x120 pixels, if I remember correctly.

Comment

Thank you, Paul
      But always this size for everything ?
      Metal -- from France

Comment

Almost all files will resize automatically from 160*120, except the upuXXb.tga files for cheat-building units, these need to be 30*30 pixels
        Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
        "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Thank you a lot. I think this is normal way that images does not display in the great library when they are not 160*120...
          Metal -- from France

Comment

hmmm... i forgot
            i'm trying to add advances to a scenario. Everything's ok but when i divcover the advance its name does not display correctly in the window that appears : instead it display "ADVANCE_XXXXX_ARTICLE". Anyway it's still linking to the great library but does not display the normal name of the advance. I'm using EasyMod to do that, do you think it comes from this mod or is it a normal bug of the game when adding advances ?
            Metal -- from France

Comment

Take a look into the gl_str.txt. It contains the all the names of advances, terrains, goods, et cetera for the Graet Library. Add to this list your new advances. Unfortunatly I don't know how to do it with EasyMod, I never used this program.

-Martin
              Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Metal:

Yes, I have encountered a few bugs with EasyMod--I'm not sure which version, or what's been fixed, but I recall trouble with a couple wonder flags, and I think a text file...seemed to be an incorrect number at the top of the file. Not sure though.
                Have you checked gl_str.txt in your english(/*language*) gamedata folder? It may be a string error you're getting. Check the new advances you've added in gl_str and see if they're named correctly.
                Existence is Futile.

Comment

Thank you, i've find. This is a bug of EasyMod (version 3.3) : it does not add the string ADVANCE_XXXXXX_ARTICLE to file "str_loc.txt" of your *language*/gamedata directory when you add a new advance using EasyMod.
                  EasyMod does not help you writting the name with article of your advance (for exemple "the fusion").
                  Damn ! It becomes more easy to add a new advance when not using EasyMod !
                  Metal -- from France

Comment

This is a problem with non-English versions only, because the English version doesn't have a str_loc.txt.

Comment

But the english version does have an article for the wonders. Just purely out of interest, in non-english versions, are the WONDER_ARTICLE strings in gl_str.txt or str_loc.txt ?
                      Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                      "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Wonder articles are in str_loc.txt in non-english versions.
                        gl.txt only have the wonders,terrain,improvements,units(...) names. All the names with articles are in str_loc.txt.
                        It's like this in french version.
                        Metal -- from France

Comment

I forgot...
                          Something very different, does anybody knows how works the map text files (that you import or export in chat window) ?
                          I've look at it but it's only numbers that i don't understand.
                          If someone can help me, thank you.
                          Metal -- from France

Comment

Working...
                          X