Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP slower at every new game

Hello ctp lovers,

I'm puzzled at the loading that gets slower every time I end a game and want to start a new game from the menu.

The same problem occurs when I want to load saved files. I have a CD (latest patch) and windows XP runs it all.

It's also very slow at quitting, and I'm used to force quit (ctrl+alt+del).

So any help is welcome,

Thanks for your interest,

JM

I' not entirely sure of it, but I think it may be an issue of amount of saves.
    Right now I have in my save folder more than 500 files and the menu shows up way slower than it used to (Now when I press load game for example I have to wait for 5-10 seconds before it actually pops up).
    So before trying anything more advanced I'd suggest you to copy all your saves somewhere else and try again!

Comment

Thanks very much ! I'll mind it; there are few saved games in my folder so far.

First load after launching the software is very quick, then loading/new game (back from the menu; a guess) two times slower, then three times slower etc.

So if I (force) quit and put the CD back again the first load will be quick.

A windows XP <=> divX problem ? In search for the device that should clear the RAM from last game I've uninstalled CtP then installed latest DivX pack for windows but it didn't fix it after reinstalling CtP.
      Last edited by chancemachine; September 17, 2013, 09:53.

Comment

Working...
      X