Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maximum score challenges: how UNETHICAL (and BORING)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maximum score challenges: how UNETHICAL (and BORING)

Hi,

For those foolish enough to aim at the highest possible score (with the regular available settings), here are some comments.

1. If you aim at highest score you need to be so lucky that actually you'll have to come back to earlier saved games in order to control the "lucky moves". It quickly becomes very BORING

2. The highest score map must at least be set to:

- giant map: max of 10000 possible cities BORING to build
    - max of ocean: this leaves you enough terrain to develop until you build the very fast (through automated fishing) growing undersea towns
    - continent to max: less ships to build
    - goods max: esp for the tech that allow to skip age of reason so you can keep your early wonders

3. Control every nation through in turn playing. Nations attack each other with cheap, weak units that get defeated and caught as slaves / ambassadors are also massively produced in order for opponents to attack them with armed units + slavers; tech, gold and towns will be ultimately given to the ultimate winner.

It MEANS that warfare and slavery are the most powerful score boosters; and seven rulers secretly work for the One that will win over them, luring warriors and diplomates for their tragic fate. How disgustingly UNETHICAL.

However shocked and indignant, I'd like to know (out of curiosity) what the maximum possible score is. Has anybody learnt about a software that can compute a maximum possible score for that game ever ?
    Last edited by chancemachine; July 19, 2013, 15:48.

This is a game like many others. I enjoy modding,re-modding, tweaking and varying different setup challenges, if one setup doesnt work, try another. I enjoy 9 settlers, exclude settlers with exception of ruins, change chances in risks.txt.

I hope you found a way to enjoy the game!

Gramps
    Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Working...
    X