Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PBEM-game Badlands

Primary to Ken, Ken and Aaron.

I have had a crash on my harddisk three weeks ago (it sounded like a waterfall). Luckily it wasn't totally dead, so I managed to get all my most important stuff on a portable harddisk, saving all. But it stops suddenly and I can't tell when (and it's NOT the cooling I have problem with, I have cleaned that before anything else).

On a new 'puter I have tried several times now to get the PBEM-loading to function as it is supposed to. I knew it could be difficult - I have done it before - and I have read many post regarding that subject.

Unfortunately this will just not work this time....... I can't load the csg-file anymore the way I should. I give up.

So friends. I can't play CTP-PBEM anymore. Sorry.

I suggest either Aaron plays all 4 nations - or a (at least fair skilled player ) CTP'er offers to take my 2 nations.

ONE good thing had happend though. I can now play CIV IV, which my old 'puter couldn't do. I have started the training so maybe we shall meet again in another realm.

Good luck here to all.

/Max
    First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win.

Gandhi

Originally posted by TheBirdMan View Post
    On a new 'puter I have tried several times now to get the PBEM-loading to function as it is supposed to. I knew it could be difficult - I have done it before - and I have read many post regarding that subject.

Unfortunately this will just not work this time....... I can't load the csg-file anymore the way I should. I give up.
    Have you tried this?

-Martin
    Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

I didn't had the (x86) in the reg-entry. I added it now and restarted my 'puter.

But nothing is changed. When I click on a csg-file, it starts with the loading-screen and end the first part of it, then it switches to the "normal" starting screen where you can choose either multiplayer (setting up a PBEM-game) or singleplayer.........
      First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win.

Gandhi

Comment

I've had nearly every problem with this that was possible. I'd be happy to try to walk you through it. What operating system are you using?
        --Higgs

Comment

I had this same problem. I got around it by manually putting the game file into the folder for 1 player saved games. Then I open the file from the main game screen as if it's a single player game, but it still works like a PBEM game and saves the new file on the desktop. It's kind of annoying, but I just made a shortcut on my desktop to the location for single player saved games and whenever I download a turn, I put it right into that folder. It works ok. Let me know if that helps. The evil Ken and Ken axis must be defeated!!

Comment

Working...
          X