Windoze 7 error in CTP1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windoze 7 error in CTP1

I am getting an error in CTP1. I'm running Win7 and am the sole user/admin on the machine. I tried to switch to XP compatibility but they the machine hangs when I try to load a game; that hang is only fixed by a power off.

The error I get in native Win7 mode is:
    Video Error
    Unable to open the file. Error#-2147220969
    and it happens when I try to access the Library (to view the stats on a Wonder or a Unit or etc.) or when I build a Wonder.

BTW: When I downloaded the 1.2 patch, it said I didn't have to run it.

Any clues?

Originally posted by Fudd,Elmer View Post
    I am getting an error in CTP1. I'm running Win7 and am the sole user/admin on the machine. I tried to switch to XP compatibility but they the machine hangs when I try to load a game; that hang is only fixed by a power off.

The error I get in native Win7 mode is:
    Video Error
    Unable to open the file. Error#-2147220969
    and it happens when I try to access the Library (to view the stats on a Wonder or a Unit or etc.) or when I build a Wonder.

BTW: When I downloaded the 1.2 patch, it said I didn't have to run it.

Any clues?
    I sometimes get that error when I look at the Library during SOME of my PBEM games, but if you always get it that's kind of strange. Try uninstalling it completely from Windows 7 and ONLY installing it via Windows XP (compatability mode). That might get rid of it.

Comment

Originally posted by quinns View Post
      I sometimes get that error when I look at the Library during SOME of my PBEM games, but if you always get it that's kind of strange. Try uninstalling it completely from Windows 7 and ONLY installing it via Windows XP (compatability mode). That might get rid of it.
      Or maybe it are just the video drivers, for the movies the game uses the Indeo5 codec, which I had to install manually on my Windows 7 64 bit. There is also a 32 bit version of that maybe it helps.

-Martin
      Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Mine has the same issue. Any luck fixing this?
        --Higgs

Comment

Originally posted by JohnGalt137 View Post
          Mine has the same issue. Any luck fixing this?
          So did you try an Indeo5 replacement driver?

-Martin
          Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Yes, it turned out to just need a reinstall. Not really sure what I did different, but there you have it.
            --Higgs

Comment

Working...
            X