Multiplayer Issue with units not showing on map

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiplayer Issue with units not showing on map

I am now on my 3rd PBEM game with a friend and we have noticed that quite often computer units only show up correctly on your minimap and don't show up at all on the regular map--and I'm not talking cloaked units or submarines or anything like that. Anyway its kinda of annoying and I was wondering if anyone had a fix for it. Often I have to restart a turn because my unit moved into a unit that wasn't shown in that square who I didn't want to fight/wasn't at war at. Or an enemy will sneak up a large army to my city that didn't show on the map the turn before it attacked the city. As far as I can tell we've only had trouble with computer units showing up not each other's units.

Anyone else experience similiar situations or aware of a solution? Either way would love to hear from you on this issue. We are playing Call to Power 1 by the way.

Below is a code excerpt I found in the Apolyton Mod Pack in the ps_scr.slc Power Slics Script file. I remember having this problem when I first started playing the game, but since I always play Apolyton when playing single player, I don't have this issue. Don't know if this is going to help you though. Perhaps 1.21 fixed this issue also.

// This will force the graphics system to synchronize with the game's internal state
    // (workaround for Disappearing Unit Syndrome if it should still exist)
    //

trigger 'TP_T_Catch_Up' when (IsHumanPlayer(g.player)) {
    CatchUp();
    }

Comment

We play our multiplayer using the Apolyton pack and I believe I am all patched up as well. I haven't tried making that manual change though..thanks for suggesting it! Will both players need to make the change for it to work? And can I just paste it anywhere in that ps_scr.slc file or is it a modification of a similiar code in that file? I am assuming I can do it all fairly easily in notepad.

Comment

That code is already in the Apolyton Pack, so you shouldn't have a problem, unless it is some other bug I am not aware of. Also if your city is next to or on a river, the attacking armies could theoretically march out of the fog of war into your city in one turn. Edit: Also I know of a bug if you bombard an enemy stack, the surviving enemy units reappear somewhere else on the map, despite you can still attack them in the old location.
        Last edited by Justin_Phillip_webb; September 15, 2010, 22:50. Reason: Another bug

Comment

This is a standing issue, the only thing you can do about it is scroll away then scroll back to what you want to see. While the screen is scrolling the units will appear in the correct positions, but only if they were offscreen at the beginning of the scroll.
          --Higgs

Comment

Thanks John, very helpful! Oh btw, its still your turn in that game of our's...:P

Comment

Originally posted by JohnGalt137 View Post
              This is a standing issue, the only thing you can do about it is scroll away then scroll back to what you want to see. While the screen is scrolling the units will appear in the correct positions, but only if they were offscreen at the beginning of the scroll.
              I'll second that. It only happens once in awhile but sometimes it can be crucial while moving (like starting a war -- by accident!) JohnGalt137's workaround does work. You should do it once a turn just to see if any unit "jumps" to a different location after you stop scrolling. If so, the "while scrolling" position is correct, as John says.

Comment

Working...
              X