Making Scenario's, please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making Scenario's, please help

A friend and I started playing Call To Power (the original) networked and want to learn how to make scenarios for multiplayer games or download ones others made.

The only one that comes with the game is to learn how to make one and says to read the readme file. I am unable to locate this file, which may have been replaced by the patch. Also it says a link for a web site for scenarios. Apparently Activision no longer supports this game and the site was taken down.

If helpful does anyone have the readme in question or directions how to make a scenario? I’ve played around with it and either I get map can’t be found or scenario can’t be found. I have been able to save one where the name shows up green but still doesn’t work.

Also if anyone has scenarios or know where I can download any scenario or scenario packs Activision made please post a link for me.

Thanks very much,
    Van

Several people have read this thread with no replies so maybe I'm not asking the right question.

A friend and myself recently tried playing Call to power 1 multiplayer but having problems loading a saved game.

How do we save the game so we can come back to it later and not have to play an entire game in one sitting?

thanks in advance

Comment

Helpful / Helpless

Originally posted by vandelescrow View Post
      Several people have read this thread with no replies so maybe I'm not asking the right question.

A friend and myself recently tried playing Call to power 1 multiplayer but having problems loading a saved game.

How do we save the game so we can come back to it later and not have to play an entire game in one sitting?

thanks in advance
      I am not sure if this is going to be helpful or not...

I am currently making a Mod of my own for fun, less than half finished. Only just got manually approved on this site, I tend to not go on-line much and mostly play single player. I think most of the views were probably guest users. As far as I know there is a small mod you can get to fix the multiplayer bug, but I can't get it to download. I am still trying to find all the patches I want to incorporate with my mod pack so it is a one stop shop with everything you need to turn an ordinary CTP CD into my all singing all dancing version. So if you can find any links that work, let me know and I will post here anything I find.

I am currently running version 1.20 with Apolyton Pack.

Comment

After trawling the various fan sites, the only one that currently has CTP1 files you can access is:

Comment

Thanks guys,

I did find one mod pack "medieval" but it requires the activition hak file, If memory serves me right it's 1.2. I found the patch but not the hak.

I guess since Apolyton moved it's server their download section has not been created yet because I've found several old posts linking to it.

Comment

For my purposes I figured it out. I thought a scenario included the map and am wrong. After loading a scenario, go into rules and there I can change map size and such. I'm glad I thought of trying it because my original post was based on thinking we were stuck with a tiny map.

Comment

Working...
            X