Apolyton Pack with Linux?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apolyton Pack with Linux?

Since the Apolyton pack is an .exe download, is it possible to install it in Linux? If not, is there a way to get the same packages installed in Linux?

I don't know the details of what exactly is in the apolyton pack. I do know that you can get CD's mod (a big part of the apolyton pack) and simply replace the text files on your computer with the text files it contains. As for the rest, I am uncertain.
    --Higgs

Comment

The Apolyton Pack installer also just contains a bunch of text files and graphics files that need to be placed into the right location, if you can extract the files from the executable and place them manually into the right locations you should be fine.

-Martin
      Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Great! Thanks for the info guys. Now I need to start another thread on how the heck to get the Linux version of CTP to install on a modern linux system.

Comment

Oh I remember that being a pain in the ass. I think you need to install as the root user.
          --Higgs

Comment

Had absolutely no joy installing on a CentOS 4 or 5 box. Finally decided to just create a RedHat 7.2 virtual machine in my VMWare and install it there and it works (minus sound/video at the moment). I think the glibc libraries on the modern linuxes are too new for the software to handle, it kept seg faulting when I tried to run civctp. But at least I've got a working solution, now I just need to relearn the game!

Comment

Working...
            X