Windows 7 issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alix View Post
    So I put wanted to patch but it says that my version doesn't need it...
    That could be an issue related to the Windows registry, so I would check the registry for leftovers. But probably it is easier if you try to extract the files from the patch installer, manually.

-Martin
    Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Gühmann View Post
      That could be an issue related to the Windows registry, so I would check the registry for leftovers. But probably it is easier if you try to extract the files from the patch installer, manually.

-Martin
      Ok but then what should I look for?

Comment

I'm not sure what I'm doing incorrectly with my 64 bit version of windows. I've tried power tools, I've tried ricketyclick's registry entry and none of this seems to work. It always just launches ctp.exe instead. Anyone got any theories on this?

Here is exactly what I've done:

Uninstalled CTP
        Restarted
        Installed CTP
        Applied patch 1.2
        Used file doctor
        application: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Civilization-Call To Power\ctp_program\ctp\civctp.exe"
        command: -|"%1"

didn't work

tried

application: C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Civilization-Call To Power\ctp_program\ctp\civctp.exe
        command: ./civctp.exe -|"%1"

used rickety-click's reg entry. Also didn't work.
        didn't work
        --Higgs

Comment

Now the bleepin' thing won't even end a turn properly in an email game. When I start a new email game. I go to end the turn and it freezes after that "send this to blah blah" screen pops up.

Edit: This seems to have something to do with running it in service pack 2 (win XP) compatibility mode. All other compatibility modes don't play videos right. This one does everything right but won't let the program end.
          Last edited by JohnGalt137; May 24, 2011, 02:07.
          --Higgs

Comment

I'm pretty darn sure that the command is being passed. Whenever I click on the CTP Email to blank it pops up with a "do you want this program from an unknown publisher to make changes to your computer" I can press show details and it says: "[filepath]\civctp.exe"
            -|"[filepath]CTP Email To 1 (Turn 0).csg"

I think the newline just a result of the display rather than a newline character.
            --Higgs

Comment

Can Someone send me a couple screenshots of their registry entries regarding this (windows 7 64 bit). I'm not sure how I'm following these steps wrong but I seesm to be following these steps wrong.
              --Higgs

Comment

Wow...I'm a dork. I was using -| rather than -l (I was using shift+\ versus lowercase-L) I was thinking piping so...knowing barely enough to totally screw myself seems to be the MO here.
                --Higgs

Comment

Yüz Germe

This is a good common sense article. Very helpful to one who is just finding the resouces about this part. It will certainly help educate me.
                  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Yüz Germe

Comment

Working...
                  X